Chapter 2: The Brunch

Xavier led the woman that he just saved to the famous café that was popular among tourists these days. He did not understand why the tourists would come here and right now, he will be experiencing that as well.

Luckily, there was someone that he knew who worked there as well.

Xavier opened the door for the woman that he did not yet get a chance to hear her name. But in due time, it will come. He just hoped it will be a beautiful name like the woman herself.

Sam perked up as he walked into the café since she can sense his presence anyway. She waved at them before she was returning to put the coffee that was being ordered before and Xavier was pulling a chair for the woman to sit down. He was looking at her now.

"I know this is awkward but I don't even know your name and we're about to eat together," he said before he was smiling at her. She blushed again before she was clearing her throat.

"Stella Canali, nice to meet you, and thank you for saving my life," she said as Stella was focusing her blue eyes on him. He nodded.

"Stella," he tested and he liked it. His wolf purred as an approval of the name. "And I am Xavier Marchand and thank you for treating me today," he said before he went to show the menu. Stella looked at it before furrowing her eyebrows. She could not read Greek.

"I am sorry but I don't even know what was written here. I don't even speak the language," she said before she turned to look at Xavier. "Will you order that for me? If you don't mind," she said before her cheeks warmed at that prospect. She was shy with him, that's a new one.

"Of course, it would be my pleasure. What would you like?" he asked her before Stella pulled out her cell and showed a picture to him. Xavier nodded before he was moving to the counter as Sam was smirking at him.

"I can see that you have a new companion, Beta," she said before Xavier was frowning at her. She laughed before she was sniffing around. He growled.

"Woah, relax, big guy. I just wanted to know if you bang her or not," she said before she was getting ready for his order. He ordered two Special Brunch and two café's hot chocolates as Sam was arching her eyebrow at him.

"And you're paying? For that woman you just met?" she asked before Xavier was rolling his eyes at her.

'That woman is my future bride,' he said in the mind link before Sam was blinking at him. He smirked. Served her right or making fun of my mate, he mused before he was giving her the credit card that he had and Sam swiped it.

"Thank you and it will be ready in 10 minutes," Sam said before Xavier was going back to the table that Stella occupied. She was staring out the window of the small café before she smiled when she was looking at the little ones that were running around. She turned around when she sensed that he was near her.

Hypersensitive, are we?

"I nearly forgot that I have to pay for the meal. I am so sorry, how much was it?" Stella asked him before she was pulling out her purse to get some cash to pay him. Xavier put his hand on hers and instantly, electrics were flowing between them. Stella jerked back before she was gripping her purse tightly. Xavier smiled.

"It's fine. I don't wish for a woman to be paying when she was in my care. Besides, I just asked you out so it is common for me to pay for your meal," he said before Stella blushed. She was not used to being pampered at all.

"Thank you then, I supposed," she said as she turned to look at him and smiled for the first time. It hit him like a rock was throwing at his head for it was the most beautiful smile he ever saw in his life. Xavier cleared his throat when Sam was putting the trays in front of them consisting of two Special Brunch and two famous hot chocolates.