Chapter 5: The Encounter

After meeting Xavier for the first time last night, Stella cannot find herself to sleep after she hit the sack. Of course, the brunette and grey eyes were to blame when it kept popping behind her retina when she was about to fall asleep but Stella managed to catch a few hours before she was ready to explore the small town again.

She was getting dressed and she was ready to hit the café again before she was thinking about other local cafés that might be offering her much more food, authentic Greek food that was known by the locals here. Stella was making her way to the next local-owned restaurant before she bumped into someone.

"Oh, I am so sorry. I am not looking where I was going," she said before she was looking at the woman that was in front of her. She was lean and muscular but she was like a model as well. Stella was blinking her eyes when she was staring at the familiar grey orbs that reminded her of someone that she wished to meet today.

"No, it's my fault. I don't even watch where I was going. I am so new at this," the feminine voice that belonged to her was hitting Stella's eardrums. It was melancholic and sweet. Stella wished she had a voice like her.

"I did not mean to do it, I swear," she said before Stella was staring at her. She smiled.

"No, it's fine. We all make mistakes but it's okay. No harm was done," she said before the beautiful woman was looking at her. Then, she was smiling.

"You're not from here, are you?" she asked her before Stella was blinking her eyes at her. Then, she laughed slowly.

"Yes, well. Not many people have blonde hair and blue eyes," she said before she smiled at the stranger. She smiled.

"There's only one person that I met that has the same physique as you. I bet she's the only one in my community," she said before Stella was furrowing her eyebrows as she smiled.

"Community?" she asked before the stranger was waving her hand dismissively.

"My neighborhood where I grew up. But it's fine. I think I have to settle for this town now," she said before Stella did not sure how to continue the conversation. Then, she just introduced herself since she did not even know this woman at all.

"I'm Stella, by the way. I am visiting from Italy," she said as she extended her hand to the woman. She smiled before she took it, shaking it in a firm grip.

"Diana. Nice to meet you, Stella. Italy, you say? Do you care to tell me more about that?" she asked before Stella was smiling at her. I don't have anything planned anyway, so might as well make friends, she mused before she was getting to know Diana as they made their way into the restaurant.

It was a small local restaurant that went back for generations. It served authentic Greek Cyprus food and Stella was thankful that Diana was there to help her to translate the words. Then, they were ordering, and from now onward, they were getting closer as much as friends would.

They talked about themselves before Diana was asking Stella about something that was peculiar and making her wonder why her new friend trusts her to tell her this situation that she was currently in.

"Do you ever fell in love, Stella?" she asked Stella as she was sipping on her morning tea. Stella almost dropped the cup before she was blinking her eyes at Diana.

"Excuse me?"

"I was asking you if you ever felt like you loved someone and you knew that he was the one for you but you're afraid to go for it. Afraid that your family will not accept him and afraid that you are never good enough," Diana whispered before Stella was easing her cup on the table again.