33

After the movie, they went to bed. Clarke was tossing and turning in be, thinking of what her mother had said. Clarke wondered what Lexa was doing or thinking now. If she was feeling as bad as she did? Even though Clarke already knew the answer on that. She didn’t expect her mother to react on it so lightly and Clarke found it even suspicious. Clarke tried to sleep for half an hour but she knew she couldn’t. She got out of bed and walked over to her mom’s room. She knocked softly on it but didn’t wait for a reply to enter the room. Her mom was looking at her with sleepy eyes and Clarke knew she had woke her up. “Are you alright?” Abby asked and Clarke nodded while she walked closer to the bed. Abby immediately knew why and scooted up for her daughter while raising the blanket so Clarke could come lay next to her and she did. Clarke closed her eyes as she felt the hands of her mom petting her hair. “Couldn’t you sleep?” She asked and Clarke shook her head. “Would you tell Raven if you were me?” Clarke asked and Abby had to think about it. “It depends on you. If you agree with me that it’s not your friend’s fault, I wouldn’t tell it.” For a moment, they just laid there, not saying anything. “Why are you okay with Lexa?” Clarke asked just when Abby thought she had fallen asleep. “Who’s Lexa?” 
“The daughter.” 
“I already gave you the reasons why you shouldn’t be mad.” 
“I know but why? I mean, I didn’t expect you to react so lightly on it.” Clarke asked and Abby didn’t say anything for a moment. “There was a time that I wanted to blame everything and everyone for it but that’s useless. Wrong place, wrong time. That’s the only thing I know and I can blame it on.” Abby said and Clarke nodded to let her mom know she understood. “I met someone.” Abby said again and Clarke turned around to look her mother in the face. “What do you mean?” 
“I met someone and I don’t know.” Abby said and she looked away with a smile. “You don’t know?” Clarke asked with a grin and Abby hitted her playfully. “Someone with potential I see. What’s his name?” 
“Kane. He asked me out a few days ago.” 
“What did you say?” 
“That I would think about it.” 
“And?” 
“I don’t know. What do you think of it?” 
“A bit too old for me I think.” Clarke said with a smile and Abby hitted her playfully again. “I never met him so it’s up to you. I just want you to be happy, mom.” Clarke said and Abby pulled her daughter into a hug. “I love you.” She said and Clarke replied back, “I love you too.” Abby held her daughter some closer and they dozed off like that. 

Octavia was removing her makeup from her face in one of the makeup trailers. She didn’t notice until now that Lexa was sitting a few chairs away from her, applying her makeup. She could see how the brunette was looking at her phone for a notification or something and Octavia could guess from who she wanted that to be. “She won’t respond.” Octavia said and Lexa looked at Octavia’s reflection in the mirror. “Clarke. She won’t respond. She’s went to her mom. She needed time to clear her mind.” Octavia explained. “Is she okay?” Lexa asked and Octavia could see the worry on her face. “She will be. Deep down she knows it’s not your fault, Lexa.” Octavia said and Lexa shook her head sadly. “It is my fault so she has all right to cut contact.” 
“It’s not.” Octavia said but she couldn’t even finish her sentence because Lexa got up from her chair. “For years I could pretend I was happy in front of a camera but I can’t feeling like this. I’m going home. Can you inform them?” Lexa asked and Octavia nodded. “Of course.” She said and with that Lexa left the trailer and she went home. 

After Lexa had come home, it started to pour

After Lexa had come home, it started to pour. One second in that rain and you would be soaked. She took her fancy clothes off and took some comfy ones on instead. She crawled into her bed and watched the lightning and rain out of her window. She listened to the sound of it falling down against the ground and window. She just stared at it, not feeling anything. No pain. Nothing. She felt just numb and even when a tear leaked out of her eye, she couldn’t give a reason why it was there. The doorbell brought her out of her trance and Lexa got up while she wiped the tear away. It confused her that someone was standing in front of her door while it was pouring outside. She ran to the door and opened it fast. Her heart stopped when she saw a drenched Clarke standing in front of her.