Tina texted me during class that the private investigator wanted to meet up with me today after school. I resisted the urge to text Colt and tell him that I would be staying longer at school today. For one, he worked till 5pm, so what did it matter to him if I stayed till 3pm at school? And also, I simply wasn't in the mood to text him today.

During my final class I kept glancing at the clock. One of my students asked me if I really wanted class to end so badly. I laughed sheepishly at her and moved on with my lesson, only to do the same thing just a minute later. I never thought I would be doing this with Colt, someone who I trusted with my life. But for some reason, finding that lipstick stain and seeing his reaction to all of this was just... weird. If he was really innocent, why didn't he flat out deny that he had cheated on me? He tried acting like I was insane by blaming him for something he didn't do, but he never denied it. And he didn't tell me he loved me. Was I just overthinking this? Or was my fear justified?

By the time the school bell went off to signal the end of the day, I was completely exhausted mentally. I waited until all of my students left before I collapsed on my chair. Although the students and most of the teachers were now on their way home, I couldn't leave yet. I wanted this dreadful day to be over already.

The private investigator arrived 15 minutes before our appointment. I waited for him and the ladies to come to my classroom. I didn't want to make this a big deal in the teacher's lounge.

Right after I finished placing three chairs around my desk, I heard a knock on my door. I turned to find Tina and Coraline standing at the door. Behind them stood a tall male figure. I motioned for the three of them to come in and sit down. While my friends went over to take a seat, I glanced at the investigator. He was wearing a dark blue suit and trousers, dark brown leather shoes to match. His brown hair was combed neatly, swept to the side. His grey eyes studied me carefully before he extended his hand to me.

"Good afternoon," he said in a sexy deep voice, "My name is Levi Gallant. Nice to meet you."

"Hello," I said shyly, for some odd reason, "My name is Scarlett Winchester. Nice to meet you too."

He gave my hand a light squeeze when he held it and let it go again. The two of us went to our seats. After taking some general details about Colt, Levi started asking questions.

"So," Levi started, "What's the situation?"

"She found a lipstick stain on her husband's shirt," Tina said before I had the chance to speak.

"What color was it?" he asked, glancing at me.

"Red," I answered.

He scribbled my answer in his small black notebook. "Is this the first time you've had doubts about him cheating on you?"

"It is," I said, "Which is why I'm not sure if what I saw was just sauce or what. He said it was just the tomato sauce that I used on his lunch. But it looked like it was smeared on his shirt or something."

"You didn't happen to sniff it out, did you?"

"No," I said surprised, "I didn't think to do that."

Levi nodded. "That's alright. Can you tell me about his past? You said you two started dating when you were still going to school, correct?"

"That's right," I told him, "What do you want to know?"

"What type of guy was he at school?"

I looked down at my pencil case on my desk. "He was your typical jock, popular with a lot of people. He was a quarterback in the school's team in his senior year."