Chapter 23

Draco was not invited to the party because of his father. But Flora Carrow had invited him as her date. Or rather, he had convinced Blaise to get Flora to take him.

But, given that he was not only late but also disheveled, Flora took one look at him and decided against allowing him to accompany her. So he thought of gate crashing, but was caught by Filch and unfortunately dragged away by Snape.

It was at this moment he found out Snape was trying to help him. And Snape knew he was scared. He used legilimency to get into Draco's head. He saw his fear and also saw his love, the love he had for a certain Gryffindor. At that moment Draco used Occlumency to block him from seeing any further.

"Draco, my boy, are you insane?"

"What? Do you have a problem? Is it the fact that she's a muggleborn? Or that she's best friends with Potter?" He asked, angrily.

"You've gone mad. She is diametrically opposed to every fiber of your being. You cannot seriously think the dark lord will not use this against you,"

"He will not know. After I do what I am assigned, he will trust me. And thus, he will allow me freedom."

"Draco it's obvious you care for her. But you have to realize she and you will never work. What would your mother say?"

"Mother is fully aware of the situation. Hermione and her get along quite well. And another thing. Hermione knows about everything and she has not left me yet," he exclaimed, punching the wall.

"Very well Draco. It seems we have a visitor," Snape said pointing towards the corner of the hallway. Hermione stepped out, looking lost.

"Oh so sorry Professor. I didn't mean to intrude. I was just looking for my hair pin. I think I dropped it here earlier," Hermione said, lying through her teeth

"Stop lying Granger. I know why you are here." Snape said snarkily as he left the two alone. Hermione looked at Draco with confusion written all over her face.

"He knows. He won't tell but he knows," Draco said, holding her face in his hands. Hermione nodded and walked with him to the seventh floor.

They entered the RoR, Draco hugging Hermione with everything he had. Snape was right. He would lose her if this continued. "Mi, I think it's best if we cool it for a while. You don't deserve all of this drama, all of this stress."

"Draco I swear to Merlin if you try to scare me away one more time I will hurt you," she said turning in his arms. He nodded and pulled her onto the bed, snuggling into her. She sat up and grinned right before straddling him and kissing him.

He smiled and pulled her closer. She pushed off his coat and began to unbutton his shirt. He pulled away and looked at her lovingly. "Are you sure my love? We can wait,"

"No I don't want to wait. I'm 17, I'm of age, and I'm in love with you." she said, kissing him as he fiddled with her dress. In a moment, the dress was on the ground and Draco was left in just his boxers.

"Hermione one more time. You're sure?" He asked, caressing her cheek softly. She nodded surely and kissed him deeply. He pulled away and began to kiss her neck. She moaned and grazed his back with her nails. He shivered and moved closer, leaving a red mark on her neck. Hermione smiled as he kissed down her throat. "You're breathtaking." He whispered. "And all mine," he continued.

"Draco Malfoy I love you," Draco smirked and made her moan his name. He rolled off of her and cuddled next to her.

"That was amazing," he said breathlessly. Hermione remained silent, closing her eyes. He looked over at her, becoming worried. "Mi are you ok? Did I hurt you? Please talk to me," he said holding her hand.