Newty

You were so excited. You finally had an niffler in your care. One of your friends had come to America, and he asked you to take care of his niffler while he and his wife went on a date. You had loved to take care of magical creatures. Nifflers weren't really native to America, so when he offered, you gladly accepted. You audibly awwed when you learned they named it Newt.

You were known to be quite the animal whisper, both magical and non-magical. Newt had already grown very attached to you. You made sure to use an invisiblity spell to make it a little more difficult for little Newty to find before he got to your house. When he got to the house, you gave him a necklace that you didn't mind him holding on to. He mainly stayed snuggled up to you while you watched Netflix. After a while, Newt looked up to you, and you saw he wanted to go outside. You were a legilimen after all, though you mainly only used it for the care of your creatures to see what they wanted since they couldn't speak for themselves. Any other sort of legilimency, mainly on people, you would not do unless you asked. You didn't like the idea of reading people's minds, and you didn't like people reading your mind, so you also mastered occlumency.

You knew you couldn't just let him go to a park since that would expose wizardry. You did know of a wooded area that was a you made so you could use and practice magic without anyone detecting you.

You knew apparating could be possible while a magical creature was in your care, but you never liked to put them through that unless it was absolutely necessary. You grabbed the crossbody purse you charmed and put him in. There were some pillows and things he would like to keep him entertained while you would make your journey to the protected woods.

You walked out your door keeping your hand close to the purse.  Everything had been okay so far. You looked in your purse to see he was sleeping holding the same necklace with a few quarters in his pouch. You kept walking until you made it to the park.

You wished that you could play with Newt here. There weren't even that many people around today. It was one of the nicest parks you had ever seen. You knew Newt would have a blast searching for treasures, but then again he might've ended up putting a lot of holes in the park doing that. You sighed and continued to walk choosing to stay on the path closest to the park.

Unfortunately during this time, Newt had waken up from his nap. You knew because of the cute little noises he made.

You looked to see that his head was popping out from your bag. You noticed he was looking at something, and you followed his gaze.

Newt was looking at a man. The only thing was that the man didn't seem to have anything shiny. He was wearing a jacket and gloves. That's when you noticed the gloves had holes. One pair of those gloves hid something metallic.

As you made the connection, Newt had already escaped. He ran quickly to the man. You were trying to grab your wand, but Newt was already attached to the man's arm. You began to panic and looked to see that no one else was around.

"Accio Newt the niffler."

Instead of Newt going to you, you were going to Newt. You couldn't stop yourself. Just as you were about to collide with the man, you did the only thing you knew to do. You appirated the three of you to the woods.

You sighed when you realized you made it. Then, you looked to the man. He was... smiling and holding Newt almost protectively.

"I've always wanted to see and hold a niffler. Then man laughed at Newt looked to you.

"Are you..."

"I'm a wizard, yeah."

After letting his words sink in, you sighed. You really didn't want to have to obliviate him.

"Me... Me too. Well I'm... I'm a witch... Ummm. I'm sorry about Newt."

You walked up to him, and he tried to gently pry the niffler off his arm.

"Maybe... Maybe you should just hold him for a while. I don't think he is going to let go of you anytime soon."

The man nodded and cradled Newt once more. He and you moved to sit on a bench.

"My name is James Barnes, but you can call me Bucky." He smiled extending his free hand.

You shook his hand and smiled. "I'm y/n l/n."

"Can I tell you something Bucky?"

He nodded his head.

"You're the first wizard from home, from America I've met."

"I could say the same about you. Lemme guess. You were homeschooled in your wizarding studies, and your parents sent you to public school?"

"You too? I thought I was the only one."

Newt leaped out of Bucky's arms and began digging in different areas. "You're not the only one. My parents thought it would be good for me to learn both magic and non-magic subjects so I'd have more options when I got older."

"My parents did the same thing for me. The only thing was I never knew if there were other witches or wizards around. Though I did have pen pals in Brittain that I still meet every few months. That's why you got a niffler attached to your arm."

Bucky nodded.

"If you were to go to Ilvermorny, what house would you want to be in?" You questioned.

"I dunno, maybe Thunderbird?"

It went like this for some time. You and Bucky conversed for such a very long time. You learned that he had been through a lot. He had to endure war, loss of limb, years of lost freedom, and control of his mind. It wasn't too long ago that he finally gained back his memories.

"So I don't have a wand at the moment. I've been thinking about getting a new one, but I didn't want to go alone. Would... Would you like to go with me maybe this Friday at one o'clock?"

"I'd love to Bucky."

Newt ran up to you and jumped in your arms. You handed him the necklace he had grown attached to. Then, you noticed it was dark.

"Do you know how to appirate?"

"Of course I do Doll. I'll see you then."

Before he appirated, you both exchanged phone numbers. You blushed when he placed a kiss on the top of your hand. You watched him appirate.

You looked to Newt and smiled. You rubbed his head, and he closed his eyes. "Well Newty, you were trying to look for treasure, but I think you just found my treasure. Thank you sweetie. Now let's get you home."

You put him in your purse and appirated back home. You couldn't wait to tell your friends how their cute niffler may have just found you the love of your life.

I hope you enjoyed this one. Sorry if some things were off, but I tried my best. I thought you all might enjoy a wizarding world crossover. I have to say I'm not the most avid Harry Potter fan, but I made sure to look things up. I know how dedicated you all are. If there are inaccuracies, I'm sorry. This is an imagine though, so you know anything can happen.

Yeah I like Draco, Neville, Snape, Newt, Sirius, a few more. I'm gonna say that I've only watched the movies. I'm sorry. Maybe one day I'll read the series. If I get the time. 
I also haven't actually been sorted or found my patronus on the real deal. I've taken tests that aren't the real ones but yeah. I probably shouldn't be saying this all.

What houses are you in? What's you patronus? What house do you think I'd be in, and what patronus do you think I'd have?

For Hogwarts, I have two houses I'm particularly fond of. Ilvermorny, I'm not sure.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I hope you all enjoyed. Thanks for reading Bucky's plums.

🥀🌵🥀 Flower Child 🥀🌵🥀