Sign Me Up For Dance

(Alrighty, I know these author's notes can be aggravating but I'm going to try not to do these often. As you know I kinda like dance I'm not as good as I used to be and I definitely never got taught moves like they have in dance moms but hey that's what imagines are for. So in this you are all teenagers and you and Natasha are best friends dancing in the recital but you're in it more ect read to find it eheh. Please don't hate me but I'll probably do another thing with dance involved..)

Currently you were stretching with Natasha for your recital. You had two duets with Natasha and two duets with another dancer, and one solo. You loved your outfits and you were ready to preform.

On the other side of the curtain all the boys were sitting in a row ready to watch Natasha's and your performance. Well all but one.

"Hey where's Steve?" Bucky asked. Other than you he really only trusted Steve because he wasn't used to everyone else yet. Plus he had developed a huge crush on you of course you did for him too but neither of you would admit it.

"I solved your problem Bucky check the programme. It looks like one Steve Rogers is in this. Oh and look at that he's got two duets with one y/n." Sam teased. Yeah everyone but you, Bucky, and Steve knew that you and Bucky liked each other.

"Wha"

"Shhhh tin man it's starting."

Bucky sat in between Clint, Nat's boyfriend, and Sam who just got on Bucky's nerves. Five dances had passed and you and Natasha were onstage getting ready for your first duet. Both were contemporary but the first was to the song was High Hopes by Pink Floyd. Both your outfits were sorta boho chic, so you could be like flower children.

"Here they go." Clint nudged Bucky's shoulder. Bucky was quiet excited to see you dance. You always talked about it with such passion. The boys watched in awe as you and Natasha were in sync with every move making facial expressions.

"Looks like someone is eyeing y/n's every move." Sam silently laughed and Bucky acted like he didn't hear anything. Soon it was over and everyone applauded.

Two dances in between allowed you and Nat to change into your next outfits. However your next outfit was for your first duet with Steve. It was on pointe for you but ballet for Steve. Peggy was also in the audience but they weren't dating (but you were trying to set them up and he wanted to prove he could dance) The song was Sleepsong by Secret Garden. You choose it because it was a way to show Steve's Irish heritage and he thought it was sweet that you recommended the song (try listening to it if you can it's very pretty) You wore a midnight blue dress that got lighter at the top to represent a dream. You put on pearls and wore red lipstick with lighter makeup while your hair was half up half down.

You looked at yourself and smiled. You loved this dress and you loved everything about this song and dance routine. Well when you say everything you thought Steve was more like the protective brother since you and him were both only children. You walked up to him giving him a big hug.

"Ya ready Stevie?"

"I... No... But I know we'll do just fine."

"Just fine? We're gonna be amazing. We're gonna make em all cry out there. Just remember you're my protective brother in real life and so are you in this but like an angel. Remember eye contact look at me and facial expressions don't over due it though. You got this. You've been great at practice and dress rehearsal. Everyone's said so."

"Thanks n/n. You always know how to make me feel better." You looked at Steve and he really did look angelic. He was in all white and he seemed to radiate.

"Oh and Steve make sure they cry at the end. Remember hands touch slowly entwine hold. I rest my head on your shoulder and fall asleep. Smile kiss my forehead wow that sounds so weird coming outta my mouth anyway. Then carry me offstage."

"You got it."

You both walked onstage looking at each other waiting for the curtain to open and the song to play. Slowly your heard the curtains open and the faint muffled laughter of your friends that probably stopped because of Peggy. If Bucky was staring at you the first time he was definitely staring now. To him you were the angel the most beautiful creature on God's green Earth that he'd ever seen. However he soon found he was getting very jealous of Steve. His fist would clench and unclench and Sam and Clint held back comments incase Bucky really did snap.

The dance really was beautiful though. Everyone... Except Bucky was crying at the purity of it and they sighed as the end came you and Steve nailing it in the head as he carried you're "sleeping" body offstage. The curtains closed and there was a brief intermission.

"Bucky... You okay man?" It was Sam he noticed that Bucky was still staring at the now drawn curtain. He noticed that tears were barely escaping.

"Does... Are Steve and y/n together? Is that why he did this? Why didn't he tell anyone?" He choked up trying hard not to let the tears fall.

"It's okay Bucky. Just breathe. I know they aren't dating because they are like brother and sister and you know it's frowned upon to date relatives. When the performance is over you can just ask what the meaning of the dance was. There's normally some meaning or point why the song was chosen and done." Clint calmly stated listening to what they had to say.

Bucky just nodded and soon the intermission was over.  Nat had her solo next which was to a Russian song with her dress to match and her hair in a bun. Everyone applauded as she came back.

"Take the stage guys" she laughed going to get some water. Your next song was a mix of remixed songs you would be dancing with Steve.

You both got on and had a blast. Every now and then you both would have tiny solos to try and out tap each other. The boys were all cheering for you of course. A few more songs came and then your solo came you danced to (favorite song) and wore (outfit) and did your hair.

The whole program Bucky only would watch you when it you were on stage. Other than maybe some of the toddlers he looked at his hands wanting them to be holding yours. He wanted to be where Steve was lifting you up dancing with you spending extra hours out at night just to be with you practicing and probably failing miserably he didn't know, he just knew he wanted that.

Finally it was the last dance with you and Natasha ending the program. You both wore outfits themed to the eighties and danced to Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) by Eurythmics. Once the song was over you both walked up to the front of the stage.

You both bowed and brought out Steve and he bowed then the older kids and the younger ones. You went backstage to change into your regular clothes while Steve went with the guys because he already changed. Peggy was completely impressed especially during your Sleepsong duet.

You came out back in your jeans and t-shirt finding your friends, the first being Bucky. He came to you hugging the life outta ya. "Bucky I can't breath." You wheezed.

"Oh sorry you did amazing doll." He said putting you down "I wish I would've gotten you some flowers."

You grabbed his hand and dragged him outside and he directed you to his motorcycle. "Why did ya bring me out here."

Being happy off of your performances you couldn't contain it. You pulled him to you and you kissed him not even enough for him to kiss back or react. "Because your all I need."

"So you and Steve aren't dating?"

"No you silly goose. Steve is like my brother. That would just be weird. The song was to represent his Irish heritage and since he's like my older protective brother that's what he was in the dance but also like a gaurdian angel. Anyways... Wait were you oblivious to me kiss-"

And with that he kissed you and you kissed back. It was true you both were what each other needed.

"He doll,... Sign me up for the next dance. If and when we get back to the tower movie marathon sound good?"

"Yeeeessss"