A Blue Box: Part Four

Ever since y/n had met Bucky, the Dr noticed a change in her. She began to talk about Bucky all the time. Her eyes would light up when she mentioned him or saw something that reminded her of him. She might not know it, but the Dr knew she was falling in love.

He knew she missed Bucky. He'd see her get very sad at times, and it hurt him to see her so upset. She would always put on a smile if she realized he was around.

Too many times, the Dr would find himself wondering what he should do. He already lost Amy, Rory, River, and Clara had left him. He didn't want to loose his daughter.

He loved his precious star dearly, but he knew she couldn't stay with him forever. As far as he knew, y/n didn't have any regenerative abilities. He wasn't even sure how long she would live.

"Dr... I... I think I'm tired from the adventures. I think I'm going to go take a nap. If you need me, I'll be in my room."

The Doctor broke his trance only to realize she was already gone. He frowned rubbing his temples. He knew the adventure today was hard on her. They went to a world that seemed so much like it was stuck in the forties where Bucky had been. It didn't help that the world smelled very much like plums.

The Dr knew he could take her to Bucky Barnes, but he just didn't want to. He was selfish when it came to his precious star. The Dr however also didn't want to keep her from falling in love. For all he knew, she would live as long as a human. He spent so many months debating on what he should do. Finally, he thought of Amy and River. He knew they'd want her to go live out her days with the man named Bucky.

The Dr made his choice, and though he didn't want to be alone, he knew that y/n would be happy. That's all he really wanted, was for her to be happy. While he was waiting for y/n to wake up, he was preparing himself. He was trying to play it out in his head. He almost had the urge to tell her that he was her father, but it might influence how she thought of him. He figured it was best just to leave everything as it was. He knew he wouldn't be able to see her, but he would try to visit when he could.

He noticed her, and he stood up walking to her. He began to turn the controls on the TARDIS preparing to get her to her new life.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked as he walked around the console.

"I think so." She yawned as she watched him.

"Well precious star, I'm taking you on a new adventure." He smiled.

Y/n nodded and sat down. She yawned still a bit tired, but she couldn't refuse a new adventure. She closed her eyes to rest a little longer, but she opened them because she knew they made it to the unknown destination.

•~•~•~•

Bucky sat on the porch of his new country home. He worked in the local market selling his own grown fruits and vegetables like the Jones had. He finally had his memories, and he lived a more normal life than before. He even got himself a Yellow Labrador that he named Luke after watching Star Wars.

He loved that he got a new life. He was for the most part happy, but he missed her. He missed y/n. He often hoped he'd meet her again, and he would try to go places where she might've been.

He often wondered where she was or what she was doing. He wondered if she thought of him like he thought of her. When he wasn't busy, his thoughts were normally of her. He realized that he loved her.

He often brought Luke with him to keep him company at his stand. Today was very busy, and it was at times like this where he wished he had help. The day finally ended, and he sold pretty much everything he had other than a few bags of cookies he'd been trying to make.

He pet Luke and fed him a treat. He got all his earnings and headed home eager to sit back on his porch and enjoy the scenery. He got home and did exactly what he set out to do.

Just as he was about to sit down, he heard an all to familiar noise. He already was heading in the direction of the noise.

•~•~•~•

Y/n open opened the door to reveal grassy countryside. She turned around in confusion, but the Dr just smiled and nodded. She turned back around noticing someone running to them.

She gasped when she heard the familiar voice. She found herself running towards him with tears of joy slipping down her cheeks.

"Bucky!" She exclaimed.

When they got to each other, they held each other's hands. Y/n closed her eyes, and she felt Bucky wipe away her tears.

"I've missed you so much Bucky." She whispered.

"I've missed you too."

She opened her eyes and looked to him with a bright smile. Then Bucky gently pulled her closer to him pushing some of her hair behind her ear.

"Y/n... Can... Can I kiss you?"

She didn't even answer. She kissed him, and he laughed before kissing back.

When she pulled away, y/n's eyes widened. She turned around and ran to the Dr.

"Dr, I... Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Why?"

"Because you're in love. I don't want to keep you away from having that. I don't know how long you'll have, and I don't want to keep you away from living."

She frowned grabbing his hand. "You never kept me away. You gave me so many adventures that I'll always treasure."

She couldn't believe she saw tears fall from his eyes. "I'm glad. Y/n... You deserve a life with him."

"What... What are you saying?"

"I'm saying you'll always mean the world to me. You're my precious star, but I need to let you go."

Tears pooled down her face as she wrapped her arms around him. He rubbed her back softly telling her everything would be okay.

She pulled away and smiled at him. "Thanks for everything."

He kissed her forehead and stared into her eyes. "I promise we'll meet again."

He began to walk away, and y/n found the words slipping from her mouth. "I love you, Dad."

The Dr froze, and he turned back around. "I love you too, my precious star."

She watched as he walked back to the TARDIS. Bucky reached out and held y/n's hand as she watched her dad and the TARDIS disappear. She turned around and buried her face in Bucky's chest, and she tried not to cry.

"I'm going to miss him."

"I know, and I'm going to be here for you, always." He whispered holding her close.

•~•~•~•

Y/n was very nervous and excited. Today, after two years, she was marrying her true love, her Bucky.

Y/n became friends with his friends, and she even made her own friends. She helped Bucky farm and sell his produce, and she was even working on short stories and her first novel.

Now it was her wedding day, and she continued to wonder if he'd show up. She hadn't seen her father since the day he left her. She still missed him, but she carried on with her life. She loved her new home, but she still wanted a piece of her to be there.

She went to where she was meant to walk down the aisle. Steve, who was to walk her down the isle, wasn't there. She was worried, but she wasn't worried for long.

"Hello my precious star."