19

It took a while for me to come down from my high and Trenton just held me close, with a pillow supporting my head on my lush carpet. After a while, I opened my eyes to see him smiling with satisfaction at me while his arm held me close, my breasts touching his hairless chest.

"You alright?" he whispered.

I nodded, panting hard and unable to speak properly. He pulled me closer so that both his arms could encircle me and I relented and lay my head on his chest. Then I saw the scratches on his arms.

"Oh my goodness!" I exclaimed. "I'm so sorry, Trent...I didn't mean to scratch you like a cat-do they hurt?"

He chuckled. "Don't worry. And you got them all over my back too. It hurts a little but that's the best part. I guess I won't be wearing any short sleeves anytime soon. Thanks to you."

I gazed at him. "What just happened?"

My heart raced in my chest when I realised that we were cuddling, with the blanket I had given him earlier around us. I didn't cuddle with my one night stands. I got off of him quickly, panic etched on my face. I had just had sex with my boss! "Trent...this...it can't happen again!" I was getting hysteric. "I shouldn't have slept with you-oh my-stupid!"

Trenton sat up and stared at me. "Why not? We both enjoyed it."

"You're my fucking boss!" I stood up with the blanket around me, not caring that I left him naked. "You're... You're my boss! Oh my goodness! I slept with you!" I looked at him. "You need to leave."

He went off to the kitchen and came back with his clothes on, an angry expression on his face. "So this is it?" he semi-yelled, brushing back his hair angrily and a dangerous glow in his beautiful yet cold eyes.

"What more did you want?!" I yelled. "This shouldn't have happened at all! You're my boss!"

"I don't give two shits!" he yelled back. "You're kicking me out?! I can't believe this! It's freaking 3 a.m!"

"The sex was great but it can't happen again...it was just a one night stand and that's what it'll always be! Don't make things awkward!! Just go!" I didn't understand why he wouldn't just leave-I mean he has a car for crying out loud!

"You know what?! Fuck you, Joera!!"

"You already did-"

"Little shit!" he stormed out and shut the door behind him with a deafening boom!

I just stared at the door. It was just a one night stand, right? He wanted it and I wanted it and we did it and we wouldn't have to talk about it again, right?  Right.

Monday morning saw me in Trenton's office, having been called in for a meeting.

Trenton turned to me, a neutral expression on his face. "Have a seat." I sat down. "I just wanted to tell you that you have a new case-" I got excited and grinned. "-and no, it's not Oscar Senowu's."

My grin fell. "Then I don't want it. Why can't you just put me on the case? I promise I can do a good job."

He just stared at me blankly. "You are just too attached to this one. Your new case is about-"

"I'm not interested," I said bluntly, pushing back my chair and walking to the door.

"Joera get back here!"

I opened the door and walked out, to my office where I wallowed in my misery. I actually hated Trenton Buscemi right now. Last night...it was awesome because he made my legs jelly but I mean...it was freaking Trenton that was my one night stand! Maybe I was drunk? I tried to find an excuse to hate him more but nothing-i came up blank. I started to tap my foot.

"What if it happens again?" I whispered to myself. Wait. I was supposed to be angry! But what if it did happen again? Trenton was the best action I'd had because he was just plain nasty, doing things that my previous conquests wouldn't do to me. I guess the answer is simple. Yes. I would definitely let it happen again.

So I had to avoid being in situations which put us back in that spot.

I stood up with Bassey's file and headed back to Trenton's office to tell him that I was off to close Bassey's case with the settlement. I knocked on the door to avoid a repeat of what happened last time and he called for me to come in.

He was poring over his laptop, his dyed brown hair falling to the side of his face as the sunlight from the window behind him cast a halo around him. I looked around, just to avoid looking straight at him because yes, my thoughts went back to last night. Maybe I should turn him into a friend with benefits? One night stand wasn't enough. I wanted the sex, not the man.

"Anything I can do for you?" he asked as he glanced up at me, brushing the hair away from his face. He gave me no indication whatsoever that anything had happened between us last night. I internally thanked those watching over me. But at the same time, I could sense the coldness and steel in his voice. Maybe he had just returned back to his former self. Meh.

"I just came to tell you that I'm closing the case with Arlington and Bassey today. We've agreed to settle for 10%. I'm not happy with it but she is and she's the client sooo...the client is always right. Even when they are not," I said, attempting a joke but he didn't even give me a ghost of a smile.

"Be sure to be back before lunch. We have a meeting with the court. A few changes are being made to the system and I think it's crucial that you be there."

I nodded, biting the inside of my mouth. So he was giving me the cold shoulder, colder than before we even became acquaintances? Alright. As long as it did not affect my job, I could work with it.

"Alright," I said to no one in particular and I turned to the door. "I'll be back before lunch."

He scowled at his laptop, ignoring me and I fought the urge to grin. This was perfect. It meant that I wouldn't be dealing with him wanting to get involved but it also meant that I should forget about doing the nasty. That was a downer. I walked out.