17

The cocktails which I thought were weak were starting to do something to me and my coffee man and I were starting to get a little too comfortable. Yes, I still didn't know his name and he didn't know mine which was perfect by me as the plan was for us to intimately get to know each other for one night only.

"I think I'm getting a little tipsy," I said with a small smile as I gazed up at him. "I should probably get going, hey?"

He groaned and dayam! did he look ever so fine when he pouted. "It's a little too early for you to be leaving. It's only 10pm and I'm honestly enjoying your company."

I blushed and became bold. "Then maybe we should continue this conversation at my place?" I stood up, grabbing my purse and paying for our drinks. Yes. I was a strong independent black woman that don't need no man to pay for drinks but need a man for other needs she couldn't take care of herself.

He stood up and I had to look up at him as he put a finger under my chin and placed a soft peck on my cheek. My legs almost went jelly at the touch. "That would be awesome. Did you take a ride or did you drive?"

"I actually took a ride here," I said.

"I guess luck is on my side." He grinned. "I get to have the most beautiful woman here by my side. I'll drive us to your house-"

"Joera!" a voice that i knew well suddenly exclaimed and I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes so I tried to ignore it. Trenton was not about to cock-block me. Never! "Joera...I know you can hear me!"

I took coffee man's hand and tried to walk out but he only smiled and waved Trenton over. "My man!" he exclaimed and I turned only to see them giving each other brotherly hugs. Crap! They knew each other. I internally screamed.

"Buscemi!" Coffee man exclaimed. "It's been ages!"

Trenton grinned like a fool. "It's been 5 years to be exact," he smiled.

"And your ring is gone! Don't tell me that you broke my poor-"

"She passed away," Trenton cut in. Then his smile returned. "Where have you been all these years? When did you come back from Jamaica?"

He's Jamaican? I grinned alone in the background. Trenton was so not going to cock-block me. "Hey Trent. We were about to head out with..." Fuck. His name. "...with my man over here." I took coffee man's hand. "We'll see you-"

"No. If y'all are headed out, I want in on the fun. This place is boring, yeah?"

And that is how we ended up at a club downtown and not at my house alone with coffee man. I was going to kill Trenton who was neck deep in tequila shots right now with 'my' man. I ordered a strong cranberry Vodka on ice and downed it in one go then grabbed coffee man and hit the dance floor.

Trenton's eyes followed us and I smirked. Coffee man was mine and mine alone tonight. I started to grind my back on him as Rihanna's work came on. How ironic, I thought. Just when a Jamaican man is on the floor.

I was surprised when he grabbed my waist and started returning the favour and the club lights dimmed. Whenever they did, it was time to get nasty so I quickly checked my breath. Good. He turned me to look at him and he was just about to kiss me when Trenton came between us, drunk! I screamed.

"I just saw the funniest thing," he laughed, staggering a bit. Coffee man grabbed him before he fell. "I love you so much man. When Cher died, you were gone and I had no friends except those who wanted my money. But I'm glad you're back."

I glared at Trenton and the bastard heaved on me! On my brand new beautiful dress! Puke all over me and on the dance floor! I was utterly shocked but coffee man quickly ushered us out to his car.