Chapter 8

Miyu's pov

I stayed hidden from everyone as they walked out of the school, waiting for all of them to be gone before walking over to my shoe locker. I slipped off the shoes meant for school and put on my worn down trainers. When I closed the door to my locker, I got a fright when I saw someone standing beside me. I raised my arms above my head, knees knocking together repeatedly. A hand was placed on my arm and pushed it down. I looked to see Shidesu. I bit my lip, my hands going down to fumble with my skirt in a feeble attempt to hide the shaking of my legs.
"Ummm...... hi Shidesu. I didn't see you there" I mumbled, aggressively twisting the fabric of my skirt around my hands.
"You coming or are we just gonna stand around the shoe lockers all night?" she joked, raising an eyebrow.
"Where?" I asked, confused.
"My place" she reminded. I bit my lip.
"I don't know. I think I'll just go back home" I mumbled. Her expression softened.
"Kaminari, I'm not going to get mad if you keep coming over. I've said this. I'm offering because I don't mind if you keep coming over. I-" she stopped before she finished that sentence and I didn't have the courage to ask her what she wanted to say so I kept my mouth shut instead.  I looked down at my feet, shuffling them about. I saw Shidesu reach out her hand, linking it with mine before pulling me forward. I don't think it was supposed to be very hard but since I'm a lot smaller than she is I was pulled right into her. I quickly backed up.
"I-I'm sorry. T-that was my fa-" a finger placed over my lips cut me off. "There is no need to apologize. You haven't done anything wrong" she assured me. I blinked at her.
"Come on. Before we get thrown out by the teachers"  she laughed slightly. I felt a smile on my lips and a small giggle. It had been a while since I'd laughed or smiled.
"Your laugh is cute" she complemented. I blushed, trying to hide it in my hair.
"Don't be embarrassed. It's true" she smiled. I felt my blush intensify. I stepped closer, tightening my grip on her hand. It was rough but felt nice against my hands. I felt safe like this.