Chapter 26

Wilder POV

"Seriously? Beers and s'mores?" 

Rick chuckles at my bewilderment as he's taking the stuff for those things. "What, they're one of the basic but best campfire goodies."

We just had a dinner including grilled cheese sandwiches, corn on the cob and some fire-roasted fruits, and now he's still got these in his bag. Bloody hell, this man eats.

We settled down about two hours ago on this campsite Rick drove us to, over ten miles away from the coffee shop. After dinner, we'll put up the tents. As I've learned, with Rick food comes obviously first.

"So I've heard" I mutter, gladly taking the beer he hands over to me.

"Heard? Never had yourself?"

"Nope."

He smirks. "Well then, you're about to get a real treat soon."

I roll my eyes but watch as he makes the sweets. Getting my first treat, I have to admit it's fucking delicious. Not something I'd eat often and it's too sweet soon, but it's nice now. Like this all is.

"Got another?" I ask, shaking my empty beer can, and Rick hums.

"This is only because I know you drink anyway, but you're not getting drunk" he says sternly, and I just grab my second beer with a supposedly annoyed grunt. He's not even halfway through his first, I think. "So...I need to apologise. I should have done something about your...living situation sooner."

"What the hell? You didn't know, nobody did."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

When we eventually get to putting up the tents, Rick stuns me by saying cheerfully "all set" after one tent.

"What the fuck do you mean, all set? Is your plan of a camping experience for me to sleep under the open sky too?" I ask, and scowl when he chuckles.

"Boy, you don't really expect me to be that cruel, do you? And you didn't really think we'd carry two tents when this one is perfectly fine for two, did you?"

Okay.

So, uh, yeah. It's fine, like he said.

I'll be sleeping in the same, small tent tonight with this creep here.

Yup, it's perfectly fine.

Bloody hell.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)