Chapter 47

Wilder POV

Okay, I admit acting childishly again, but I'm bloody nervous. Never done this meeting my partner's family before...damn, never done this partner thing either in the first place.

Rick and I were in our peaceful, happy little bubble until about 11.35 AM, when his mum called him to invite him and me to lunch. Thanks to Melvin, they know I'm here and made some serious threats if Rick doesn't introduce me.

And I'm even more intimidated by them because of what I did to Rick, them knowing about it and me being embarrassed about it. They're not having a good impression of me, and to begin with, I'm not an ideal person for a boyfriend to a man like him.

I've never cared too much about people's opinion of me, but if I haven't been self-conscious for a day or two already, I definitely am now. And it's safe to say, I'm not handling it well.

"Come on, Nick, quit being a baby and let's go" Rick says chuckling, knocking on the door twice. Yeah, I locked myself in the bathroom.

"No" I say, probably for at least the tenth time. This is bringing a goofy side out of me, and I know I'm just delaying the inevitable, but screw that.

"If you're not coming with me soon, I have to go alone, although I doubt that would make your case any better" he says, even a saint having to run out of patience at some point, and we should be there at lunch in less than five minutes.

He's damn right, that wouldn't. I huff and unlock the bathroom door to peek at him.

"You wouldn't do that, would you?"

Rick grins, his hands tucked into his jeans pockets. "Well, I'm hungry and it's not polite to be late for a family meal you've been invited to."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I try to speak, admit it but all I do is open my mouth like a fish out of water and no words come out. Bloody hell, what have I become.

Nasir sighs. "I know this is weird, Wilder, but please, I need to hear it from you. I like Rick a lot, honestly so much that if you were anybody else, you'd have at least a black eye by now. But I know Rick loves you, and I need to know I'm giving him up for a guy who really loves him."

Well, yeah, that's only fair. This dude deserves to know everything he wants and needs to, I owe him so much. My happiness really, since he's practically handing Rick back over to me.

I clear my throat, rubbing my sweaty hands on my jeans. "So, uh, yes, I really did say that. I'm in love with him, and I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry" Nasir says, smiling brightly. "I'm glad you've realised it, you guys are a perfect match."

"Huh? Why are you this nice to me?" I ask, ever so confused.

He shrugs. "I can't fight with true love, and it's not too late for me to back off. He still loved you all this time when him and I were together. I just...tried to ignore that and hope for the best, which was okay until you came back to the picture."

"He told me you two were good together, weren't you happy?"

"The thing is, when he came back home after you ditching him, I picked up the pieces and held them. But it's you, Wilder, who'll put them back together again. You're going to fix the mess you created."

My breath is stuck in my throat, as I process his words. That was so well and also sweetly said, I'm in awe. Yeah, this guy must be an angel or something. I suddenly feel like really hating myself for doing this to him.

"Well, uh, thanks" I say quietly, unable to even look at his direction.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...