Chapter 19

Rick POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I ignore his cheeks flushing adorably, he'll look dashing in that black-pink hair.

"Whatever, really whatever it is, you don't need to be alone with it" I say. "You have me now, and whoever you need to handle it. Don't say you can't handle whatever, instead think how you can handle it."

Wilder shakes his head. "You can't help, nobody can, because y'all can't be with me 24/7. And you will leave...which is a good thing of course."

My heart clenches oddly at that. He's lonely and is scared to open up, only to be left alone again with it.

"Okay, I understand ya, believe it or not" I tell him, as comfortingly as I'm able to. "And as awesome as I think you are, I'm ready to make a deal with you."

"Not interested in any deals with you, and I don't trust you" Wilder says sharply, and I feel more challenged than ever. In a good way.

"It's not easy to trust people, but in your situation, I'd start to learn. You're not living life like a teenager like you should. I can't say I'm the best person, but give me a chance. I'm here. Lower your guard a tiny bit, test me. You've tested me today already, go on with that. And you've seen you can't get rid of me that easy."

"What kind of a sick deal do you mean then?" He queries quietly after a short silence, rolling his eyes.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"I'm glad about that, for your own sake. Free your mind, Wilder, and you'll see the sexuality isn't the problem after all, but the other person. You may even see I'm not that bad, either."

Wilder snorts, with a hint of amusement he tries to hide. I grin.

"Oh, you're bad. But maybe not all in the way I thought."

"Good enough" I say, toasting our tea cups. "By the way, you're cool for telling me your history. And I know recalling it brings forth shit, so if you just can, stay here for tonight. I mean, the boys' room is empty, so take advantage of it."

"I might be able to do that" he says quietly, and the expression on his face is relieved and thankful. "And I told you just because of your damn pushiness, I believe I won't get rid of you too easy. I...I want help."

"You've got it now, Wilder. Whatever and whenever, I'm here for you. And if you need something I can't help with, I'll help you find it."

"Why? Why fucking bother with me, who hates...hated you like that?"

Hated? Do I smell no more middle finger emojis in his texts to me? I would kind of miss them.

"Not only because I do like you in whatever way you allow me to, but I see so much more in life for you. You'll do good after somebody has given a good kick on your bad ass. And you don't need to handle anything you can't alone, remember that."

He's quiet for a moment, thinking, then asks quietly. "You promise?"

"Yes. You know where I live, and people who can threaten me I can only assume, so you're insured."

"I'll take you on that promise, creep. Then I'll remember. Now, I have to continue with this" he pulls at his hair a little. I nod with a smile. He looks at the television. "Do you have any channel, uh, where there's, you know, a hockey game or something?"

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

- -

🥺🥺😭😭😍😍💭💭