Too Much To Handle

"In order to resurrect someone," Aodhan says, "The body must be in decent condition and not dead longer than a day."

"The only major wound appears to be on his head, but he must have water in his lungs," Ewan informs, arms crossed.

Isla grimaces. "But he's been dead about a day."

Clementine paces the room with all the air of a stalking cat, heels clacking on the floor with steel fury. "You can't bring him back, can you?" she snaps at Aodhan. "The girl can. She's across Adaetram and even I can't get there within the time limit." She mutters something under her breath in a language Patrick can't understand. Her shoulders start to soften and she stares at Alexei's body on the table with the beginnings of resignation. "Such a pity."

Rozenn, who had been quietly seated at the head of the table, offers, "I will look into this... matter, Lady Clementine. It is unfortunate that something as such has transpired under my roof."

"If it suits you. I doubt it will do any good."

At this, Rozenn seems a bit baffled, but the expression is gone as soon as it comes. "You have no desire to find the offender?"

"I have my suspicions."

A few seconds pass where Rozenn must be waiting for Clementine to elaborate, but neither of them say anything more on the matter of Alexei's murderer. Erikur shifts uncomfortably beside Ewan and nods at Rozenn.

"Have you got an update on the dragon, Lady Rozenn?" he asks.

"It hasn't moved away," she informs stiffly. "We sent cattle out over the hills, but it hasn't seemed interested thus far. We're keeping an eye on it."

"I'm sure the townsfolk are happy about that," Brynjar mutters under his breath.

The whole time, Patrick is tense in his seat. He has no idea why he was summoned to come- it's not like he has much input to provide- but he couldn't hardly refuse her when in a good mood and not liable to kill anyone who looks at her wrong. He wishes he were elsewhere, maybe out with William and pretending none of this is happening. It could be a reality if William weren't with Lena right now, as the both of them were not invited to this pressing meeting- which was perhaps for the best.

Rozenn whispers something to the people next to her, her people (Patrick has no clue what in the world their names are and he's not entirely sure he's seen them before), and they leave the room. Rozenn stands.

"If we're done here," she says. "I'll have a pyre made."

"Fine," Clementine answers.

Rozenn purses her lips and the meeting is adjourned.

Patrick books it out of the room and out the castle in record time. He has no particular destination in mind, but once he gets out onto the cliffs and catches sight of Lena and William, boiling rage fills his body and he stomps over to them.

"Hey, Patrick," William greets timidly.

"Could you leave us alone for a tick?" Patrick asks, trying to keep the ice out of his voice so William won't think he's mad at him.

William glances nervously between Patrick and Lena, then quickly nods his head. "Uh, sure thing."

Lena starts to follow him, but Patrick grabs her arm and pulls her back. The moment William is deemed to be out of earshot, his resolve starts to shatter.