On The Way To The Golden Tower

Jiang Cheng

The next morning, Lan Xichen sent a message that he was on his way to the Lotus Pier, to pick up Jin Ling, as it was time to go back to the Golden Tower to keep up with his training to rule the Jin Clan and his compromise with the Lan Clan was over for the time being. The kid was a little disappointed as he wanted to spent more time with Wuxian so, after his brother discuss it with Wangji, he had offer himself to escort Jin Ling to the Golden Tower, along with Xichen and then, Jiang Cheng had offer himself as well out of habit.

When Xichen had an appointment in the Cloud Recesses, he always leaved Jin Ling in the Lotus Pier, then pick him up, with both of them escorting him back, so it was more or less normal for them to travel together at such times. However, this time, when he offer himself, as he usually do, he was greeted with a teasing smirk from his brother.

He should had known he would insist on them being something they were not. Damn pervert! However, his suggestions had a side effect on him, because he was more aware of Xichen than he should and oddly enough, when he arrived he felt... nervous. He greet him normally, but deep inside he was a mess. Was he looking at him the right way, was he treating him as a friend, was he behaving as a Clan Leader offering to escort his nephew as such?

Damn, he was at a loss around Xichen, thanks to a certain troublemaker that was having a fieldtrip with his sudden insecurity about the older Jade. Still, he could not help himself but to admire Clan Leader Xichen, as his kindness was enchanting and his presence like a sun ray. Wait... does that meant that he really was falling for him? Cheng asked himself. No, it just must be Wuxian's influence on him, yet again, his eyes wander toward the Chief Cultivator, as he speak with his brother and he found himself smiling.

Wuxian notice that and grab the chance to tease him some more, then when he blushed under his whispering insinuations, Wuxian laughed, making both brothers look at them, with Xichen wonderfully looking at him in confusion. He blushed even more.

"Ah, Wei WUXIAN!!! You are dead meat!" Jiang Cheng yelled, as he hear him having fun to his expense and moved to get him, but Wuxian, ran away from him, laughing and teasing him, when he chase him, as when they were younger. For a moment it felt like going back in time, acting like kids, instead of full grown adults, but he didn't care.

Everyone knew he was explosive and it had been so long since he had that kind of brotherly fun, he was starving for it. Also, they playful fight make Xichen smile kindly and that alone was worth the embarrassment. Damn, this was going to be a very long trip, Jiang thought, resigning himself.

🔥Wei Wuxian🔥

After some refreshment, they head out along with the juniors that were also set on escorting Jin Ling back to the Golden Tower, they used the long boats to travel by river, as the weather was nice and the view of the Lotus Lake beautiful, then transfer to the next town and walked the rest of the way. By nightfall, they hunt in groups under their careful surveillance and then rested in an Inn when entering the next town.

The kids other food while they lively chatted about their most recent hunting's. Lan Sizhui and Jin Ling were particularly lively that night, as they performance was outstanding after the intense training with Wuxian, for which he was quite proud, thus Wuxian smiled quite pleased.

"You had done well, young Master Wei. It's seem that Jin Ling has improved with your training." Xichen told him.

"The talent it's his own, this time he simply pay more attention." He said looking at the mad Jiang Cheng.

"Try to teach the brat every day and see if he will keep his attention for long." Jiang said and Wei smiled.

"You got it hard, I give you that." Wei admitted.