Vows Of Love

Lan Wangji

The next morning, they headed for the Cloud Recesses after saying farewell to Jiang Cheng and Jin Ling. They walked side by side for most of the day and soon, they found their son, Ah Yuan running to meet with them, just at the entrance of the Clan.

"Ah Yuan... you got a bit taller..." Wei said, having a better look at him, after hugging his son and the young man smiled.

"Senior Wei... did you take good care of yourself?" Sizhui asked, seen him a hint more thinner.

"Ah Yuan, what's with this Senior thing... I was your father for a whole year, call me as such." Wei Ying suggested, but Sizhui ignored it, turning to bow to his real father, Lan Wangji.

"Light Bearing Lord, I hope he had not cause you too many headaches." Wei Ying arched an eyebrow.

"Hey, ungrateful son, why would I cause him headaches, he lo..."

"Wei Ying, he is not serious." Wangji intervened, before the teasing and discussion could prolong until nightfall.

"Yeah, yeah... how is Wen Ning? Is he adapting well?" Wei Ying asked passing an arm over his son shoulders, as they walked up the stair of the entrance.

"Yes. The locals no longer fear him and he does go in night hunting's every night to keep the town safe and he does help to unload some heavy cargo from the restaurants and gets paid a little money. He is doing fine and I always keep my eyes on him. No one dares to bully him these days... he is almost a Clan member..." Wei smiled.

"I'm glad he found his place, but don't go telling Lan Qiren of Wen Ning been 'almost' a Clan member. You will overwhelm him... he had more than enough with me." Sizhui smiled.

"He had been in a poor mood since early in the morning." Wei looked back to Lan Zhan, who slightly smiled at him.

"I will behave, I promise... Ah Yuan, can you make me a favor?" Wei Ying asked and he assented.

"Yes, of course, as long as it doesn't mean breaking rules, you know that alcohol is forbidden here." Sizhui said.

"Ah, there is no need for that, what I need is something else, not forbidden, but maybe hard to find inside the Clan." Wei continue.

"Hum, then I see if I can get it for you." He said happily.

"Good boy. Lan Zhan, can you lend me some money?" He turned and Wangji took his money pouch out without hesitation and offer it to his lover.

"Alright... go down to the town now and buy something for me, then leave it in Lan Zhan's room." Now Ah Yuan was curious, taking the money his shameless father offered.

"Then, what should I buy?" Wei Ying came closer and whisper into his son ear, something Wangji was unable to hear, still, seen his son blush a bit, it shouldn't be nothing descent. He sighed, as Sizhui went away in haste. Wei give Lan Zhan back his money pouch with a devilish smile.

"Here... Thank you. Maybe I should ask for payment when training the brats in the Lotus Pier."

"Wei Ying, don't tell our son shameless things." Wangji told him, but his lover only smiled.

"I promise is not something shameless... just something special, for our wedding. Now, come here, my Lan Zhan and give me a kiss before we can be spotted by the Clan members. You will not had another chance until nightfall, after all."

"My Uncle already knows about our relationship, for which he could not avoid inviting you. We don't need to hide it."

"But he will not tolerate for us to show affection in front of him, right? Come here Lan Wangji... while we are still alone." Wei said, pulling him close by the waist to steal a short kiss from him.