Red Moon

Lan Wangji
🔥❤🔥

Two hours had passed since the many events that occurred inside the temple that marked them all in one way or another and Wangji looked down at the man resting in an Inn bed, tired and drained from the overuse of energy in such a dangerous situation. He had carefully clean the wound of his neck and check the one on his forearm, glad to find it gone with the death of the Clan Leader Jin at the hands of Mingjue, under the influence of the Seal.

Now, Wei's breathing was peaceful, his heart beating normally inside his chest and he was keeping him warm with the covers, as the night was quite cold after the rainstorm. He check for any signs of fever, but fortunately, Wei Ying's temperature was normal. He was only low on spiritual energy and he had transfer his lover some of his a while ago to lessen Wei's fatigue, enough for him to rest more peacefully.

Wangji bend down to give Wei Ying a slight kiss on his lips, then moved away from the bed to have a look at the moon outside. After the rainstorm, the night sky had clear up, revealing the infinite void of stars and a bright moon that had a tint of red on it. It was said that bloody moons meant tragedies and certainly that night was full of them, but at least, it bring something good as well. Now, Wei Ying's name was clean and no one could no longer blame him for things he never did.

I wasn't long after Wuxian had sealed Baxia along with Mingjue and the Seal for a second time, that the rest of the cultivators that had gone to the Lotus Pier in seek of rest, to recover the lost spiritual power, had finally shown up in the temple. Xichen had explained to them all of what had took place in their absence, with Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang, confirming everything he said.

During that time, he had took Wei Ying away to give him a proper place to rest at the Inn they had stayed before, in which he found Wen Ning, Sizhui and Lin Jing waiting impatiently to have news on them. He had given them a very short explanation, then headed to the room he had rented and let Wei rest under warm covers. Then, as soon as the juniors of the different Clans found out that Wei was gone somewhere in town, they had rush to the Inn to have a look at Wuxian, but of course, he had refuse them, saying Ying needed the rest.

Thus, the Inn was soon full of impatient kids, asking for rooms, as none was going to leave until they saw Wei Wuxian conscious again. He payed for Sizhui and Wen Ning's room and then sat by Wei's side to transfer him some energy. Once the morning come and Wei recover enough to wake up, he will had to deal with not one, but dozen of anxious youths that cared for him, despite what others thought of him before.

He still needed to tell Wei Ying about Ah Yuan, which will give him great joy to find out that the kid he had raised as his own son for a long while, was still alive and doing quite well during the years of his absence. He had make sure of that, teaching him personally, for which Sizhui was more advanced than the other juniors of his same age, but that was for tomorrow, tonight he will watch over him and make sure he recovers as soon as possible.

Although Mo Xuanyu's body was now fully Wei's, that didn't meant that it could resist the overuse of energy that it barely had. Mo's body was still weak and needed to be properly cultivated to build up a golden core. He knew it will take Wei Ying a few years to do so, but at least he had the chance to follow the swormenships path again, instead of the demonic one and he will help him in whatever he end up needing to reach such goal. He had already composed several songs in the last sixteen years, while hoping he would had the chance to see Ying again.

Wangji then, looked back to Wei and slightly smiled. He looked beautiful while resting and as he watch him sleep, he knew he could not love the man more than he loved him that night. However, a knock on the door make him go back to reality and he moved to open the door. The kids had try to get a look at Wei Ying a few times already, specially Sizhui and Lin Jing, but since Wei Ying was not conscious yet, he told them all to wait until tomorrow.