A Special Night Hunt

Jin Ling

"Did you hear the rumors? They said that Wei Wuxian is going to the Cloud Recesses for a family banquet he is supposed to attend along with Lan Wangji. The two of them most be close to Gusu by now, because the banquet is expected tomorrow night. You think he may show up for tonight night hunting? Should we go and hunt near the Cloud Recesses? It's been almost a year now... maybe we can finally make him agree to teach us." Zizhen said and Jin Ling smiled mischievously.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. Sizhui is going to get out anyways, he always hunts with the Ghost General these days." Jin Ling agree, thinking in how he could take Wei Wuxian by surprise. He had already make him wait for almost a year, not to mention his Uncle who was really itching for that duel Wuxian had agree to, when he build up a golden core again.

He knew that doing so take many years for a normal cultivator, but Wei Wuxian was a prodigy, probably the most talented in his previous life generation and thus, he should take less to build up a second golden core. And even if he was still halfway, that didn't have anything to do with teaching him a few moves. He didn't even need Suibian for that, because they all knew he was quite capable without his spiritual sword.

"Alright, then we should head out immediately, it's a good thing we are already close been in Qinghe, but if your Uncle find out... his visit to Nie Huaisang should be a short one, right?" Zizhen asked Jin.

"That's right. Jin Ling, didn't I forbid you to go to Gusu at night, you are grounded! I already had enough complainings from Lan Qiren, you are making Lan Sizhui get punish for going out after curfew to meet with you lot!" Jiang Cheng said from their back, making both youth, Ling and Zizhen jump in their seats and spill their tea.

"Uncle!" Jin Ling said, swallowing hard.

"Yeah, your Uncle. The very same one you were just planning to piss off again. Maybe I really should break up your legs." Jiang Cheng said angrily. This was now quite common, because his nephew was becoming unruled, the same way Wuxian was when he was... Ah, it had been such a long time since he last saw Wei Wuxian and he missed him. He was hoping his cultivation was going well and that he could build up an even stronger core.

"But Uncle... Wei Wuxian is going to show up in Gusu tomorrow night. He must be close by now, don't you want to see him? I thought you were itching for that duel he promise." Jin Ling said, already seen the change in his Uncle.

"If he is ready, he will come to the Lotus Pier and look for me. Don't go causing Lord Xichen, Lan Wangji or Wuxian more headaches. All three of them will had their hands full with Lan Qiren complains about having Wei Wuxian in the same table as him. We all know he is not his biggest fan." Jiang advise him.

"But Uncle... I was hoping for him to..." Jin Ling begin protesting.

"Enough, you brat. We will stay for the night in the Inn, just make sure Fairy does not go out of town tonight, otherwise you will have to find it on the woods by yourself and face Lan Wangji's wrath for scaring Wuxian in his first visit to Gusu after long months. You had been warned..." Jiang said, turning to move away and make a reservation at the Inn. Behind him, he knew that Jin Ling was planning to purposely release Fairy, so he could go out in a night hunt near the Cloud Recesses and meet either with Lan Sizhui or Wei Wuxian if he was in luck.

He hoped that he could stumble with Wuxian, so he could maybe convince him to pay Lotus Pier a visit after his compromise in the Cloud Recesses. He honestly didn't need to have a full core to go back home, because he missed him and just a talk will do. Jin Ling was also in need to spend some time with Wuxian, he was impatiently waiting for the day he would teach him a few things and perhaps his guilt for stabbing him will ease a bit or disappear once and for all.