Full Circle

Wei Ying

After a few hours of chatting and get to spend some time as a renewed family once more, finally, Sizhui had told Wei Ying of his plan to build up a small memorial for his lost Wen family like Wen Qing, Granny and Uncle Four, which Wei agree it should be done as soon as possible, yet both Wen Ning and Sizhui refused for Wei to join them. The reason was plain to see, as both of them didn't want to get in the way of Wuxian and Wangji's new relationship. Later on, they could visit once again all four of them together, but for now they will do so on their own.

Finally agreeing, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan went out of the Inn to wish them a safe journey and promise to meet with them soon. Waving a goodbye to them as they mixed with the crowd in the beginning of their journey, Wuxian failed to notice the two who were watching them from the entrance of the Inn. Wei turned, smiling after he could no longer see the young Sizhui and his uncle and was about to enter the Inn when he found himself face to face with both Jin Ling and Jiang Cheng.

This time, Wangji didn't felt the usual hostility that the Jiang Leader have around Wei Ying, so he nodded to Wei and go ahead of him, to have a talk to with his brother. The time for them to depart will come soon, so he wanted to discuss a few things with him before went out in a long journey. So, with Wangji gone, Wei stood in front of the uncle and nephew, who was looking at him nervously.

Once again, Jin Ling open his mouth to say something, then close it again. It seemed that the kid really didn't knew how to approach him after what happen in Lanling and the temple. He didn't blame him, thought, because if he were in his place he would be feeling a bit lost and regretful of his actions, after finding out they all had been lie and tricked to. Still, Wei Ying came closer and smiled to Jin Ling.

"Just take it out... it doesn't suit you to become a fish." Wei joked, making the volatile kid annoyed.

"Who said I was going to say something? You are so annoying..." Ling said, thought regretting it as soon as it came out, but Ying had seen through his attitude and laughed.

"You brat... Jiang Cheng, he is just like you when his age." Cheng slightly smiled.

"Are you going to follow them? I heard they were going to make memorial tablets for those who stayed with you at the Burial Mounds in the Wen's memorial hall, if it still exits." Cheng asked.

"Ah... we may follow them later. They were also my family, even if it was for a short period of time. Want something to drink? It's getting hot out here." Wei said as he try to pass the two of them to go inside the Inn, but Jiang Cheng stop him by holding his arm, as he was next to him.

"Wei Wuxian..." Cheng begin, but Wei look at him more seriously now.

"Follow my advice, Jiang Cheng. Let it go, don't duel on it and forget what happen in the past. Feeling guilty is not your style. We both make mistakes along the way, it's not like it was only you or only me. You make your choices thinking on the best outcome for your Clan and I make mine. Maybe this time we can do better, but you need to let it go first..." Wei whisper to Cheng who looked back at him, with a mix of emotions.

"Can we Wei Wuxian? Are you willing to try it? To go back to the Lotus Pier even if it is for a short visit?" Wei smiled.

"I'm willing if you are. I know it will take us a while... but at least we got a second chance." Wei said and Cheng smirked.

"I have Suibian with me. Will you take it back? With a new body you can start again... I mean... I... can help you with..." Jiang try, not really sure of how to approach about the golden core. It had took Wuxian great effort and time to build up a powerful golden core he had let go with great consequences that leaded to his death, of which he had played a big role. However, now he will need to start anew from step one to a very long stair to climb.