Unexpected Confession

Wei Ying

Wei Wuxian watched as Lan Zhan stepped back obediently, even when it was plain to see that he was enraged. All because he had fall in Jin Guangyao grasp in a moment of confusion. Still, despite Lan Zhan retreat, he was holding Bichen in defiance, ready to strike as soon as the opportunity arises. So, Wei needed for that chance to turn the tables and right now the only way to accomplish it was provoking the Chief Cultivator as much as he could.

"Hidden Fragrance Master, just out of curiosity, can you tell me what kind of thing is been suppressed here?" Wei begin, while Lan Wangji, kept his stance quite steady without removing his gaze from Wei Ying. Any false move and he will strike the traitorous Chief Cultivator at lighting speed if necessary, in order to protect the man he loved. He had waited for more than sixteen years to had Wei Ying back, so there was no way in hell he will lose him again now that they could finally share a life.

"I am afraid that the price for telling you that will be too high for you to pay. Are you sure you still want to know?" Wei chuckle.

"Ah, in that case, never mind, is not like I want to die again." At that, Jin Guangyao smiled wickedly, seen such a great opportunity to open old wounds.

"Of course you wouldn't. Back in that year, after the death of your people, that willingly gave their lives to save yours, you wanted revenge, but at the end, it brought nothing more than another tragedy, when your sister unexpectedly show up in the battlefield and was killed right in front of your eyes..." The words bring Wei quite the pain, yet he held his anger as soon as he saw Lan Wangji move a step forward in even more fury.

"Wangji, step back." Lan Xichen calmly said to his brother, sensing that his rage had escalate even further. Actually, he was beginning to worry he would act recklessly when his bottle up emotions got the better of him and put himself in even more danger.

"That will be the best, Light Bearing Lord... it's not like I had said something untruth and if I remember well, the two of you were not fighting in the same side, which leaved the Yiling Patriarch in a very lone position that ended in his inevitable desire of death." Lan Wangji hand slightly tremble after hearing that, as his inner turmoil was boiling inside his chest. He was too aware of the fact and had regretted fighting against him, almost each day after Wei Ying was gone from his life.

"Jin Guangyao, don't be mean with Lan Zhan. I had never blame him for anything and even less for what happen in the Nightless City." Wei Ying said, when he saw deep pain in Lan Zhan's eyes.

"Ah, but young Master Wei ... were you not more mean when you decided to end your life, even as the Light Bearing Lord was trying his best to save you? Did you ever thought of what that could do to him, when he had such deep feelings for you and you let go of his hand so easily?" Let go of his hand... let go of his hand... Wei widen his eyes, looking at Lan Zhan almost in horror, as the words hit him with full force over and over.

At that time he was in such sorrow that he didn't thought about the scars his death will leave in Wangji, especially when he had been in love with him for a long time. Unconsciously, the images of that cursed night begin to play inside his mind with more detail that he had wish for, as he closed his eyes. Lan Zhan had indeed try to save him, even when he was wounded and bleeding profusely for taking all his weight in his arm. His expression was that of desperation and his calling of his name a plead he had chosen to ignore, because he was too caught up in his own pain and when he had fall, Lan Zhan's expression was a mix of shock, horror and deep suffering. Ah, yes... he had been too cruel indeed.

He didn't knew about Lan Wangji's feelings back then, although their bond was stronger than the one he had share with Jiang Cheng. Lan Zhan did try his best to stop him, then help him and sometimes even keep him in control when he was about to lose it. Wangji had make his own sacrifices in order to try save him, yet he had let go of his hand in the cruelest way, only focusing in Jiang Cheng's obvious hatred.