A Great Love

Wei Ying

After making love and bathe in the Lotus Lake under the moon, they changed clothes and walked the strangely solitary path to the Ancestral Hall. Last time they had been there, they had fought with Jiang Cheng, for which Wei Ying was extra respectful.

He kneeled down with Lan Zhan by his side and after they offered a prayed and incense to them, they make their bows once again. For this time their second wedding to be a bit different from that in the Cloud Recesses, Wei Ying brought the best wine in the Lotus Pier and served two cups, so they could exchange them and drink from the other one's cup.

Wei Ying only allowed for Lan Zhan to have a sip, because when he got drunk, he was too much to handle. Yet, after they make love for the second time that night and went to bed to rest, he found out in the middle of the night that Lan Zhan was gone, which was quite odd, giving the fact that he never leaved the bed before him by his self-imposed rule of never leave him to wake up alone.

He panic, thinking something had happen while he sleep and without having a clue of how much time had passed since Lan Zhan wake up and go out, he hurry his way out to search for him everywhere. The Lotus Pier Clan was big, so he had quite a lot of places to look for him. He begin at the Ancestral Hall, which was the last one they visit. He found tree incense sticks still burning low, so he could assume at least almost half an hour had passed.

He try to see if he had left some signs of his passing, finding an 'I love Wei Ying' written in a plumb tree trunk in one of the gardens, then following the hearts to a far pagoda that had a wide view of the lake. When he reached the pagoda it was empty, but there was a drawing of a small Lan Zhan kissing his Wei Ying and a lotus flower on the floor.

"Ah, Lan Zhan... not even a sip for you anymore..." Wei said to himself as he looked around to see any other signs of his passing with either an I love Wei Ying or hearts with their initials in the center. He will ask Wen Ning if he can erase the words, as he keep Jiang Cheng and the rest of the Clan distracted with the duel.

He looked everywhere for his twice husband, but he found no more hearts or love words. Just by pure coincidence, he looked at the lake. At that time of a year the lotus were in full bloom, covering the lake with hundreds of beautiful flower that remained him of his sister.

The whole Clan remained him of her, but the Lotus Lake more than anything, so he took a few minutes to remember her, while watching the flowers be moved by a the gentle night breeze. He sighed and was about to turn to look for his missing lover, when he saw the movements of a boat floating in the lake.

He had missed because the one inside was not wearing white, but red and with no light to illuminate the lake, other than that of the shining moon. Wei Ying's heart throbbed like crazy when he saw his lover bow down over the lake and he feared his Lan Zhan was going to fall to the cold water, as he was still drunk, so he ran the short distance to the lake border and dive in.

He swung as fast as he could, stooping only to make sure he was heading in the right direction and as adrenaline pumped the needed energy to accomplish the impossible, soon he was close to the boat, yelling to his husband name, finally making Lan Zhan notice his desperate calls.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Zhan yelled back and unexpectedly, he dived in too, also thinking in his foggy mind that his husband was in troubles.

They meet tree meters away from the boat and as soon as Wei Ying was in front of him, Lan Zhan hug him, kissing his cheeks, eyes and finally his lips. They keep up the kiss as they floated in the lake full of flowers, until Lan Zhan was ready to let go of his husband, yet he keep him in his arms.