Overwhelming Happiness

Lan Wangji

Next morning, a bit before sunrise, Lan Wangji wake up as he usually did, but this time he was not alone in bed. By his side, Wei Ying was clinging to him like his life depend on it, making him smile. He had waited for so long to have him like that, to have him that close, to hug him and kiss him the way they did last night, to make love to him and be loved back, that he was currently in a state of pure bliss.

He had dreamed with such scene for so many years, yearn for it each night of his absence, suffering in silence the loss of his presence in his world and yet, not even in his wildest dreams he had experience such pleasure, such warm and most of all such love. It was because of that he was willing to leave his Clan, to follow that man that held his heart in his hand, to finally share his life with him no matter where that leaded, because Wei Ying was his home.

He looked down at his sleeping lover and lost himself in his sight. Wei's head was almost kissing his neck, while his arm was across Lan's chest, holding his white robe close to his heart and their legs were intertwined under the warm covers. Last night memories of their love makings crossed his mind, remembering the heated kisses, the moans of pleasure, the blissful sensation of Wei's hands all over him and he found himself wanting more.

However, Wei Ying was still weak and quite low on spiritual power, so instead of trying to wake him up with soft kisses as he desire it, he decided to give him a bit more of his spiritual energy to help him recover faster. The Second Lan Master then, gently moved the long hair to the side and placed his hand on Ying's back and closed his eyes in concentration, transferring his energy to the precious handsome man on his arms.

After a few hours, he carefully leaved the bed, so not to wake up Wei Ying, to do his morning meditations and restore part of the energy he had given him. He knew that eventually many of the junior's cultivators will insist in seen Ying, especially Jin Ling who had also insisted on staying and Sizhui, who he was almost sure had remember something about his past in the Burial Mounds and with the Yiling Patriarch.

Thus Wangji was quite aware the time for him to tell Wei Ying about Ah Yuan had finally come and he hoped with all his heart that the good news will make him more cheerful, because Wuxian needed something else to be happy about than their relationship. He wanted for Ying to have a life without further tragedies or hatred, he wanted for him in this second chance in life to really enjoy it with those he had care for.

Wei Ying

After a while, around eight in the morning, Wei Ying finally wake up, extending his hand to reach for Lan Zhan who had been by his side during the night, but find the space empty. Startle, Wei Ying sat in haste over the bed while looking around the room, to find it completely empty, making him begin to panic, fearing for his nightmare to come true while he dreamed.

Waking up from a disturbing dream in which Wangji had let him go alone to travel the world, while he became the Chief Cultivator, he feared that what had happened between them last night had been a wishful dream from his part, instead of a wanted reality like he needed it to be. In the dream he had been glad for Lan Zhan to be the one watching over the Clans, as they could not find a more righteous man, except perhaps, his brother Lan Xichen, but after their depart, he had been devastated while playing the melody Wangji had composed for him, with his flute. The melody became melancholic as it resonate in the lone cliff, as his heart cry out the absence of the man he had wanted to share his life with, but had not ask him to stay.

He hastily removed the covers to go out of the room and search downstairs for Wangji, but as he was about to open the sliding door, someone else did it for him and he found himself face to face with the one he was looking for. Still caught up in his anxiousness to believe him gone, Wei Wuxian throw himself into the arms of the Light Bearing Lord, hugging him, while burying his face over the small of his neck. Lan Zhan was a bit confused as to why Wei Ying looked so desperate, but still, he hug him back, gently caressing his back to calm him down.