Heated Provocations

Wei Lan

With Jin Ling's also in Jin Guangyao's hands, none of them dared to try another attempt to escape, so to not put him at more risk. Already with no other way out of the situation, they simply sat in silence inside the temple for a minute or so as they watch the monks work in the digging of whatever the Chief Cultivator had hidden deep inside the earth.

However, it looked that silence was not really meant for the young brat sat at Lan Xichen's side, because he keep staring at Wei Ying with both anxiousness and curiosity and had already try to said something a few times, but chose to close his mouth after any word could get out of it.

Wei Ying smiled at the kid, obviously amused by the insecurity of his 'nephew', so Wei decided to take the initiative for him this time. It was not like there was anything else to do while becoming hostages and no room to get out of their predicament.

"What it is that you are itching to ask me?" Wei asked and Lin was at the defensive instantly. He certainly resemble his Uncle Jiang Cheng, been a short tempered man.

"Who said I wanted to ask you something?" Lin defy him, although with less confidence that he wish it.

"Then you open and close your mouth, because you want to become a fish?" Wei Ying almost laughed as the kid became red in the face with anger. He definitely took after Jiang Cheng.

"You... you..." Lin try to refute.

"Ah, come on, just ask. There is nothing to be embarrass about a question." Ying offered him.

"What's with your neck?" Jin Ling finally asked when he could not hold his curiosity any longer.

"I was your 'Little Uncle' hostage before you were caught. Jin Ling, just what were you doing out at this hour of the night?" The kid snorted, ignoring the question, because it will be a bit embarrassing to tell him that Lan Sizhui and he had ran away after them when they find out that both Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji, along with Wei Ning were gone from the Lotus Pier.

"That's not your problem!" Jin yelled.

"Why you..." Wei almost yelled, but in that instant a very strong gust of wind open the door of the temple, turning off all the candles and leaving the place in pure darkness. Wei unconsciously grabbed Lan Zhan's hand at his knee, as the wind came in like in a small storm and Wangji squeeze his back for reassurance. Soon, the ones making guard outside the temple close the door and Jin Guangyao used a fire talisman to rekindle the candles. Then, there was a nock in the door.

"Who is it?" The Chief Cultivator asked right in front of the door. Outside, only the sound of a wind and the occasional thunder could be heard, so Jin doubted there was someone else outside his control.

"Clan Leader, it's me." Ah, it was Minshan, Jin thought and let him in, however he was a little surprise to see him carrying someone else that it turn out to be Huaisang.

"What is the meaning of this?" Jin asked to Minshan in a controlled tone.

"I found him on my way here and I thought it will be useful." Su answer.

"Did you hurt him?" Lin asked as he watched the unconscious man in the floor.

"He fainted from fear." Lan Xichen was once again beyond shock and even more ashamed to have been fooled for so long, to a point he was simply blinded by lies and pretty words. Obviously, if Guangyao dared to threaten his nephew, Jin Ling who was only a youth, he could not expect any better for the Nie Clan Leader. His disappointment apparently, was only to grow bigger as the hours passed and he only hoped he will be able to endure it.