Chapter 21: Fever-ish

(A/n: Just a reminder to don't ever bring people down! Especially if they know you the best! and don't dare to cheat on your partner because that shit hurts)

Y/n's pov

"You don't look pretty good there bud." Jin said and handed me his water.

"Thanks." I said sweetly and took a sip to hydrate my throat. I haven't been myself since I saw chaeyoung with despair in her eyes.

"You good?" He asked and I nodded forcefully.

"You don't look alright." He said and I sighed chuckling.

"You're good in reading people Jin. You know? You aren't bad." I said and he frowned at me but still let out a little laugh.

"What do you mean by that?" He genuinely asked and I just laugh letting my thoughts get lost in that argument again.

"I haven't seen Jungkook in a while. Is he okay?" I asked changing the topic. He shrugged.

"Guy has been in and out the dorms. he goes to class but he keeps his distance from me and the others." I grew more curious and opened my mouth to ask more but then

before I could do that someone kissed my cheek making me startled. I looked to see Irene with a tired expression and sat down besides me.

"Hey." I said and took a closer look at her. She seemed tired than usual.

"You alright?" I asked Irene and held her hand tight. She looked a bit pale too.

"Just.. Don't feel good." She said and lets out a smile.

"I'll escort you to the clinic. Come on." I tried to stand up but Irene pulled me back down to sit on the bleachers.

"I drank medicine already I'm sure it will pass."
I nodded and just let our hands intertwined.

"You know before you came along I had the hots for Irene." Jin suddenly said that made me laugh because of the randomness in it.

"Didn't Irene had a boyfriend?" I asked and Jin shrugged.

"Well they fought at sometimes and-" Before Jin could even get in on the details Irene shushed him and just watched a couple football player play on the field.

"No what is it?" I asked curiously to Jin who seemed to be uncomfortable in his seat.

"I don't know man ask Irene. I need to go." He scurried off and I watch him leave. He seemed to be scared of Irene.

"Rene.."

"Y/n don't.. Please." She said with fear in her voice. I held back on asking but later on dropped the topic.

"Tomorrow's saturday." I announced and Irene stayed silent beside me.

"Maybe I can ask out the girl i've been seeing for a movie date in my room." I said and I saw Irene smiled.

"You made my day y/n." Irene said now looking at me.

"That's my mission rene." I said seriously and we had eye contact.

First day of school I promised to myself not to get lost in somebody's eyes. Especially to this woman in front of me. But right now? It's just seems like that's all I want to do everyday. Just stare in those brown eyes until I die will be fine by me.

I held Irene's cheek and felt the hotness travel to my hand. I frowned and put my palm on her forehead.

"Your burning up.." I said and checked the time. It was 2:13 almost time to dismissal.

"I'm fine.." Irene said and tried to stand up but ended up falling back on the chair.

"Whoa stay still. Come on you need to go to your dorm." I grabbed her bookbag and mine. I assisted her on standing up but she couldn't. Her eyes closing and I sighed.

"I told you we needed to go to the nurses." I whispered before Carrying her up in my arms.

She had alreadly closed her eyes when I started to walk back to her dorm room. Everyone's eyes was on us and I couldn't bother to care. Some even were taking pictures and I just ignored and pushed my way through the crowd.

But when I thought I was finally getting closer I saw Chaeyoung and believe me when I say that I pitied her look. The eye she gave me when she saw me carrying Irene. Like she caught me in the act. But in fact we weren't togethee. We were never official in the first place. I should start getting more angry at people who hurt me  sometimes.

I opeend the door slowly and laid Irene's body on her bed. Carefully pulling my arms away from her. I sigh and put down our bag and books on the floor.

"I bet you didn't even drink one capsule of medicine." I said to her and sigh. I stood up to get a towel to freshen her up but her hand held my wrist.

"No.. don't leave me." Irene said clearly dreaming. Nightmares.. I've had that too.

"Hey.. I'm here. I won't leave you." I whispered and knelt down to check her temperature again. It still the same but atleast she's in lying down in bed.

"Tae.. Tae don't go."

My eyes went wide and I drop to the floor. My quivering breath won't shut up and I had to cover my mouth. Does this mean she saw taehyung die? She's somewhat still connected to this?

I heard the door unlocking and I knelt down holding Irene's hands.

"Hey- Is she okay?" Jennie asked, worried. I nodded trying to cover the fear in my eyes.

"Just a fever.." I said and finally stood up.

"I need to go somewhere. Do you mind taking care of her while I'm gone?" I said and fidgeted with my hands.

"Sure. She's in safe hands." Jennie said and smile that made me let out a dhaky breath.

I need to cut my past life from my former. There's no better day than to do it now does it?

"Thank you." I said and grabbed my bag before heading out. I need to know what happened to him. So I can finally tell the truth and get this itching guilt off of me.

I took out my phone and dialed her number.

"Hey. Get ready for tonight. I'll meet you at the cafe right now."

"Heading there now. Are you sure about this?" Iu asked and I sighed as I hopped in the elevator.

"Well it's now or never."

~~