Chapter 16: My twin

No one's pov

"Dude wake up, it's already 1 in the afternoon." Yeji said and heard the sound of her hair blower in the bathroom.

"I'm up!" I said a bit loud so she can hear me. I sat up and still had my eyes close. I'm so tired and that dream last night didn't help me to sleep comfortably.

I stood up finally and went my way to the bathroom to see my wonderful roommate not caring if that hair blower woke up every sleeping person on earth. Then a thought popped in my head that made this day better.

"Hey me and some friends are going to a club later night. You should come with." I offered and she finally turned the thing off and brushed her hair.

"Sure. Can I invite some friends too?" She asked and I nodded.

"Lia and the others?" I ask and she said yes and continued hair blowing her hair.

"Call me when you're done. I need to take a shower." I walk back inside our room and made myself a coffee.

No matter when I think of chaeyoung, the pain is still there. It wasn't the same before I became numb to it for a little while. But I know deep down I'm still going to be head over heels for her.

Irene now.. I don't know. I wasn't suppose to feel like this especially she is my dead brothers' ex girlfriend. I need to remind myself of that. But the more time I spent here, the more I want to get to know her. She made me feel some type of way. It wasn't the same with Chaeyoung but it was similar. But more stronger feelings. And that's saying something.

There were many times I would forget why I was here in the first place. Guess I need to remember more and spend less time with Irene. Spending time with Jennie, Jin and others were fine by me. In fact, I always put my game in plan but when I was with Irene.. let's just say I can't get my eyes off of that beautiful smile.

When I finally saw Yeji leave the bathroom I grabbed my clothes and a towel for a shower. "Took you forever." I said and yeji clicked her tongue in annoyance that made me laugh.

Yeji was the only one I was never guilty to be around with. I hate keeping secrets especially to someone I know. Now that I'm putting my plan in game, I'm starting to feel sorry for all of them.

After a long thought in the cold shower, I checked the times to see it was still 4:15. Still early for the club. I'm going to the cemetery for a while because why not? I miss my brother.

I offered yeji to come with but she refused and gave me some space and time to talk to taehyung alone. Thank god for yeji.

Luckily, I didn't bump into Chaeyoung when leaving the building. I don't know what I would react if I ever did. Even though she broke me, I will never held that against her.

~~

"Hello brother." I said and laid the flowers besides his tombstone and a picture frame of him.

"Sorry I couldn't come alone sooner. Your school's hectic nowadays." I gave myself an excuse. It was true anyways, That skit and a few homeworks will be the death of me.

"Wish you were here with me." I sighed and knelt down.

"I've been so confused.. I really want to avenge your death. But your friends they.. They seemed innocent. I can't help but double think. If they didn't cause your death.. Then who? every time I think about it, It all leads to them." I said expressing my thoughts to him. I know he doesn't hear me but it felt nice to say these things without anyone judging me.

"Your girlfriend.. Irene. I'm sorry tae but she makes me feel something. I don't know what it is but it's not a good thing. I don't want to break my own heart again." I saif my voice getting lower and lower for every word I said.

I hear footsteps behind me and looked back to see Irene there. I widen my eyes in shock and stood up.

"Hey what are you doing here?" Irene asked and she held taehyung's favourite flowers.

I cursed myself and began my lie for the day, "Visiting my sibling. I saw his name on the tombstone here and paid my respects."

Irene smiled sadly and walk towards me, she placed the flowers besides the one I gave him. Same flowers..

"I should go and leave you in peace." I offered and was about to leave when she said, "No stay."

I felt my heart skip a beat when she wanted me to stay. It takes a lot for you to say you want the person to stay with them. For Irene, It's like it wasn't a big deal.

I smiled at her "Sure, anything you want." I sat beside Irene and he held taehyung's picture frame.

Both of us were quiet and yet the atmosphere was quiet and calming. I didn't even realize Irene was wiping her own tears. I took out my handkerchief and offered it to her.

"No I'm fin-"

"I insist." I said with ease and she still hesitated but still took it wiping her tears.

"You're just like him.." Irene said and held my hand for comfort, I didn't protest.

"Taehyung?" I ask and she nodded.

"Always the one who was a gentleman. He never left my side until that day. I was devastated.." her voice trailed off and she was really in pain.

"He's your boyfriend?" I ask and she smiled nodding.

"Was.. I was blind that I didn't see his problems. He never told me the pain he was going through. It's my fault."

'It isn't..'

"Irene.." I said to her but her tears keep coming and I couldn't stop it. I put my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me.

"It's not your fault. Sorry for the words but he did that to himself. No one, not even you, saw it coming." I said enough. I couldn't dare lie to her anymore and shortened my words so that I wouldn't feel bad.

"He was just so happy.. Atleast around me. I never saw the sadness in his smile. I suspected he was having trouble at his fathers' home but It ended there. I just suspected."

Father... Fuck How can I be so stupid to not think about him?!

"Why? Was his father abusing him?" I asked carefully and Irene didn't gave me a straight answer.

"He never told me about his family. Just that his parents are divorce and his twin was in his mothers' home. They were seperated since the Divorce."

'Oh she knows I exist.'

"Family problems is a huge pain Irene. It must've been that. But please don't blame yourself. I hate that I see you with so much guilt in your heart." I said and suprised I said it. I was suppose to make her feel bad because I always thought she caused this.

"Thank you.." She whispered and rested her head on my shoulder.

"When you need someone to talk to, I'm here okay? I won't leave." I said honestly.

The when she held my hand tighter that's when I realize that she wasn't part of this. She didn't cause my brother pain, Instead she made his life happy. Better than I could've done. She had no part of this.

And when I realized that My heart was soaring in happiness.

~~