Chapter 19 - Wait a year or 2 for more to grow from your Lemon Tree

“Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no!!”

Eva and Trinity (who had become very close over the past few weeks till prom), watched highly amused as Sofie paced her room back and forth in a paranoid manner.

Trinity had a huge smirk on her face as she watched her friend stress over something as miniscule as a misplaced nail polish color.

Eva had learned firsthand that when you knew Trinity long enough, she opened herself up more and she was braver. Meaning, she was having a blast as she clutch Sofie’s royal blue nail polish behind her back. And eva did nothing to stop her considering Sofie had put ink in the poor girl’s bra a few weeks back when they left the beach. Eva had found it hilarious because the blonde had walked around the whole day thinking her chest was still slightly wet and ignored it. Ever since they met, both girls had been at the other’s neck.

Eva looked down at her own dress. It was silver with bronze embroidery around the chest area. Along with the ruffles at the top, it had a fitted waist and was flowing, so that if she walked, it would move around her legs fluently.

She felt her hair as Sofie stopped suddenly and looked at Trinity with a glare. She sighed and stood up to look in the mirror. Her hair was up with a princess style bump and she had a low elegant ponytail that was perfectly curled.

When she looked behind her once again, she held in a laugh as she watched trinity avoid Sofie’s claws.

“Girls stop! Our boys are going to be here in 2 hours and Sofia isn’t even dressed yet, because for some reason, she has the worst hair days. Trinity, give her the nail polish. Sofia go paint your nails and put them under the quick dryer. Now.” Both girls blinked and nodded their heads. Trinity took a stool and painted Sofia’s feet and Sofia painted her fingers.

Trinity carefully painted each individual nail so she wouldn’t mess up her own dress. It was an off white and the sleeves were off the shoulder, however it was low and showed a decent amount of cleavage. There was a cross of silver glitter between her chest bodices. She let her curly hair stay in an elegant French twist on the back of her head and she her silver hoops were to die for. She had on only mascara, eye liner, and ruby red lip stick and to finish it off blush.

“I can’t believe this…” She mumbled.

Eva raised an eyebrow, “Hm?”

“Nothing!” She chirped.

“Mhmm.” I replied.

Eva grabbed Sofie’s hot curl, plow drier, flat iron, comb, and 7 pins.

“I wrill marke dris work!” She exclaimed with valor.

An hour and a half later, Sofia looked gorgeous. Her long brown locks were flipped all to the right side of her head and were being held their by 10 pins and half a can of hair spray. She had fitted her sleeveless heart neck black dress. It held an intricate pattern of flowers and geometric shapes in a glossy glitter. Her nails were painted neon black and her lips were covered in pink gloss. She had large black studs in her ears and a not a necklace in sight.

On her right hand she wore a simple class ring. As did all of them.

Just as they each grabbed out respective shoes from the door, a honk was heard outside. A slick black limo pulled up and Jason’s head shot out from the car roof holding apple cider.

Eva rolled her mascara coated eyes and grabbed her shall from the coat rack, “Let’s go. I want some apple cider and I refuse to have Jason boy drink it all off.”

Sofie giggled, “He’s so cute.”

Eva resisted the urge to gag. But Sofia was partially right. He cutely proposed when they were all at lunch. He had the baseball team help him sing Cascada’s Every time We Touch. Eva clearly remembered Sofia’s beet red face as he did a strip show.