When Life Gives You Lemons...

Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved

A tiny ivory hand waved frantically at the fading figure of a woman in the distance. The body of the hand watched as the woman blended in with all the other passengers going on a plane. The little figure sighed and bit her lip as she watched the figure disappear from her sight.

The child made a firm resolve to suck up her loneliness and ride out the next three months in patience. Again, the child sighed and looked out the huge grand glass that displayed dozens of other planes similar to the one her mother got on.

"Come on Eva. Let's go home and eat some dinner!" Persuaded a man in his late twenties. Eva looked up to her papa with reluctant but determined eyes.

She could only nod faintly before grabbing her papa's hand and walking out of the airport. She silently made a calendar in her head to count down the days.

Just three months and mama's gonna come back home! She told herself. It was the only way she was going to ever get over the fact that her mother was going out of state.

The only people she would be able to play with would be daddy, and her two best friends...

"Can I play with Sofie and Jason while you make dinner?" She asked all of a sudden with glee.

The man's own hazel eyes looked down at the 7 year old lovingly, "Sure. As long as their parents say its ok."

She grinned her childish grin and jumped up and down for a brief moment. Not long after, the man found himself being pulled towards the parking lot by his daughter's strength, Wow... what are we feeding her?

The rest of the day was spent with the child playing with her friends and the man cooking the best spaghetti Eva ever tasted.

On the plane, no one would have guessed that the woman was being seated in first class. Or that she was being held in another man's arms.

The little girl never once expected her soul would be forever damaged in three months' time.