Chapter 18 - Ask it to P R O M

Eva was completely stumped when she walked into school the week after to find a whole line of people buying prom tickets. They even had ballets already.

When the heck did they even mention prom?

“The few weeks you were out of it, people were nominated.” Romeo explained from behind Eva as she passed the long line outside. Eva jumped and spun around with a fierce glare on her face as she rounded on him.

“Don’t you ever do that again!” She hissed.

Romeo chuckled, “Whatever you say.”

“How’d you know what I was thinking anyway?” she asked.

“It was on your face as you literally stared at the booth.” He explained casually putting his arm around her.

She rolled her eyes, “So?”

“’So?’”

“Where are they?” Eva asked.

“What?” Romeo asked innocently.

Eva narrowed her eyes at him.

Again he laughed, “Ok ok. Yeah I have our tickets. I was planning to do one of those big prom proposals. But since you’re a big party pooper, fine.”

Eva giggled innocently, “I would have rejected you if you had proposed in some flamboyant way any way.”

Romeo gaped at her, “You’re evil!”

She smirked, “Aren’t I?”

The bell rang around them and they continued to walk to class. When they entered their first period, they were surprised to find their zoology teacher missing.

“What a lazy man. A half day so he doesn’t show? How dare he!” Eva exclaimed in false anger.

“Eva~!” a sudden weight slammed into Eva and she was sent back into the door.

“*cough* Sofie-”

“How come you didn’t take me with you on the triple date!?!?” Sofie whined as she dragged her towards an empty table completely disregarding the assigned seats order.

Eva smiled, “Because it was a last minute thing. Besides, I was hooking up my kid brother and Derek. Plus, I wanted my date with Romeo. Unlike some couples, we never had ours.” Eva accused.

Sofie looked down, “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Eva smirked and laughed as the sub took attendance.

“Dylan?”

“Here.”

“D’meza?”

“Yeah?”

“Educe?”

“Sup.”

“Franco?”

“Yes.”

“Garcia?”

“Here.”

2 minutes later*

“Stewart?”

“Here.”

“Ramirez Romeo?”

“Here.”

“Ramirez Sofia?”

“Aki.”

“Ok then. Everyyone is ‘ere. Please know that the work is due at the end of the period. I am gwoing to hand out this work sheet on the shark brain. Label everything and fill out the back before turning it in to me.”