Chapter 8 - You Face Your Fears

A/N

Hey guys!!! I deeply apologize for the late update!!! I was busy ,coughlazycough, and I couldn't find time to write!! I finally got it done since it's summer for me so I have all the time in the world!!!

So here's the next chapter! Hope you like it!! Don't forget I want to hear ir read technically, your opinions!!!

Vote, Comment, and Fan!!

__________________

Romeo was just icing the cake when the door bell rang. Eva looked up from dishes that she was currently washing when she heard the familiar theme play. She sighed and grabbed the purple towel from the oven handle. Eva walked out of the kitchen still drying her hands.

I know it's not Tabi or Dad ringing the doorbell, Eva mused. They both should be at work, and they'd let Eva know if they were coming home early. Eva sneezed into her shoulder as she passed the living room where Tj and Sofie were playing WiiFit.

When Eva opened the door, she dropped the towel immediately.

She was not expecting to feel anger radiate from her body this late in the afternoon.

The woman who single handily turned her family into a mess for nearly a year stood just at an arm's reach from her.

"Who is it Sour?" Came Tj's innocent curious voice. She heard his feet pounding on the wood floor as he ran to where she was. That snapped her out of her shock instantly.

"Stay back Tj!" Eva called back. She heard him skid to a stop. Eva narrowed her eyes at the woman before her. She looked good for a middle aged woman. Her black hair was cut short in a business woman fashion; her blue eyes were still almond shaped but the gleam that she always knew was still there.

Hmmm, She mused, well someone has had a great life.

"Ar- are you Eva?" she asked. Eva didn't reply. Like hell she was going to let this lady know who she was. Eva put both hands on her hips and tilted her head to the right in a scrutinizing manner.

"Sorry I have no idea who that is." Eva was slowly closing the door on the woman. She was so close to fully closing it when a plum purple pump wedged in between the door. Eva glared at the pump before glaring at the woman.

"Look Lady! I don't know who or what this Eva is-" The lady kissed her teeth lightly.

"Evanescence . I thought I told you that when confronted with a problem, you face it head on?"

At that moment everything that happened in the 8 months that dad and this woman had been separated came rushing back to her.

The disappointment.

The looks.

The quietness.

The bullies.

The huge empty house as a constant reminder.

The pity she received from teachers.

And worst of all...

The Loneliness.

Eva felt tears pricking the back of her eyes, but she refused to cry in front of this woman. She didn't deserve to see her tears of hardship. She has NO right to come into Eva's life when she was soo close to forgiving and forgetting. So close to moving on. The look of utter hope she had on her face made Eva want to slap it off.

So that's exactly what she did.

The loud ring of her palm hitting the woman's pale yet flushed cheek resonated throughout the whole house. Eva knew by now that Romeo and Sofie had heard the conflict out here and were silently listening and debating on what to do.

"Don't you dare try and use that saying on me! You don't deserve to give me life lessons. Not after how you left me! You have no right to come here and act like you belong here? You are damn lucky that I was the one home right now, because if it were dad or Tabitha", Eva went into her face. The shocked expression she had had turned into a glare, "would have put a restraining order the size of Texas on your ass."

The woman gasped in shock and looked taken aback."Young lady! I expect you to have a cleaner vocabulary when talking to your-"

Eva laughed humorlessly, "My what? My mother?" she asked full of malice, "You are certainly no mother of mine. No matter what a blood test says. Tabi is more of a mother to me and she has been since I was 9."

Eva's mother snorted, "Yes, that's why you call her 'Tabi', right?"

"Yes. She doesn't need that title to know she is my mother. I don't want to put such a disturbing misused term on her. It was already corrupted when you left. You took that name with you when you left me here. And you sure as hell aren't gettin' it back."

She opened her mouth to retort when Eva felt two presences come beside her. Eva looked to her left and right and found Sofie and Romeo both there and glaring at her mom. Eva knew she never told them about her mom, but she was sure they could add two and two.

"Señora! How long has it been! Oh you probably don't remember us! We're the twins Eva always used to play with! You know Sofía y Romeó! Well I doubt it since you left a long time ago." She turned to Romeo, "Isn't that right Romeó?" Eva realized she was using her Spanish accent. It may not seem that big of a deal, but if you knew Sofie like Eva knew her, it was bad.

It meant she was here to intimidate and intimidate she shall.

"I think you've worn out your welcome Señora." Romeo stated calmly.

Eva looked to her left and right, These guys...

Eva looked back to my mother. She looked like she was contemplating on something, "I think my friends have made a point. So I suggest you leave before dad comes home while you are still here", she grinned evilly, "And you know how he feels about trespassers."

Eva's 'mother' kissed her teeth like always and left, "I didn't want to talk to you anyway. I bet you grew up just like him. Uncaring, rude, and uses others to get your way. I bet no boy can stay with you for long either." Eva flinched at that last comment. That one actually hurt. Unfortunately, she saw it.

"Ha! I was right wasn't I?" She smirked. This bitch was getting on her nerves highly.

"You know what I got from you? I got your sick conniving charms, your temper, and your bitch face." Eva slammed the door in her face for sure this time. she watched as the lady banged on the door and shout her name for a moment or two. Eva stared unblinkingly at the door. She stood there as she banged on the door. She stared as she began to walk. She stared as she got in her car and drove off.

Eva would have felt bad, but this woman actually thought she could come on her property and insult her new family? Hell to the no. She couldn't care less either. This woman was a stranger to her.

"Eva..." Sofie's worried voice startled me, "You're... um... you're"

"You're crying." Romeo deadpanned. Eva blinked and touched her cheek. It's true. There were hot salt crystals flowing down her cheeks. She felt her lip quiver and her sight got glossy. She started to sniff as she felt her nose get runny.

Her legs were giving out. It was then that she remembered that she was sick. Eva felt herself plummeting to the ground all too soon. Instantly, a pair strong arms wrapped around her small hips. In the back ground Eva heard someone's car door shut and someone yelling her name repeatedly.

"Eva! E..a! Ev.." shouted the voice that sounded vaguely familiar.

"Sour?!" came a frantic worried voice.

Soon her mind shut down and she welcomed the slumber that awaited her. Maybe this time, it would be pleasant...