Chapter 35-The Demoness is No More

Start from the beginning

Just like that the two souls walked hand in hand and soon floated off. Xiu Xiang felt her soul traveling backwards. She felt herself fall further and further like the time when she first fell into the abyss.

What was the point of all that? Xiu Xiang wanted to laugh. She had no body to return to. Was she going to stay in this darkness forever?

No sooner had she thought this, a bright light erupted from beneath her. The darkness was blown away and she was soon engulfed in the bright light. Her body felt lighter than before. Suddenly, her body was jerked upwards as if someone had hooked her by the navel. Her body zoomed up higher and higher.

"I'm finally going to Heaven?" she thought. The light was too intense for her, so she quickly closed her eyes, then covered it with her arms. She felt her body slammed down on something hard and cold. The impact was so hard, she felt the wind get knocked out of her. Gasping for air, she rolled over to her side and finally opened her eyes. She was no longer in that dark void, but rather in a strange icy cave. Strange glowing rocks were embedded into the ice, giving light to her surroundings.

"Why do I always get thrown in the weirdest places after waking up?" Xiu Xiang muttered. She looked down to examine herself to make sure that there weren't any injuries. There weren't, except she couldn't hide the shock on her face. She was wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt, clothing that should not be of this world. It's been a long time since she last seen clothes like these, but she was almost sure that these were the clothes she was wearing before she transmigrated.

"No way..." She shot up like a lightning bolt and searched around for anything that could give off her reflection. After a while of searching, she came upon a thick layer of ice. It wasn't the greatest reflection, but it was enough for her to know that she was no longer the Demoness but rather her true self. The 'her' in the real world.

"How...?" She wasn't sure how this happened but it did. A cold breeze swept past her and she unconsciously snapped her fingers.

No fire power.

She was no longer a demon. Deciding that it was best to take things one step at a time, she figured the best course of action was to find a way out of the cold first.

The icy cave was like a giant maze as she strolled down multiple paths. Just when she thought she was going to be lost in the cave forever, she felt a strange energy emitting from a certain direction. Following the energy, she managed to come upon a large clearing. In the middle of the clearing was an ice platform. On top of that platform was a body. It wasn't just any body either. It was the body of the Demoness.

"Isn't this...?" Xiu Xiang seemed to have lost her voice as she went up to inspect the body. The Demoness looked nothing like a corpse. In fact, she looked more like she was sleeping peacefully. Just what was going on?

She didn't get the chance to wonder for long because she felt a murderous aura behind her. A blast of purple energy shot toward her back and she quickly jumped to the side to avoid it. The purple energy struck the ice walls with a thunderous roar. However, it didn't shatter the walls. Most likely the attacker didn't want to hurt the body of the Demoness. She looked over her shoulder to see who the attacker was and her jaw dropped down from shock.

Standing at the mouth of the clearing was a handsome man dressed in all black. His eyes were a deep dark purple. A strange red mark was etched on his forehead and he looked quite pissed.

"How did you enter this cave? I placed such a strong barrier on the entrance! Speak! Who sent you?!" The voice was ten times colder than the cave itself.

"Wei Xing...?" The man standing before her was definitely Wei Xing, she was sure of it, only that his aura felt different. It was as if he was no longer the same person from before. Just what happened during the time she was gone?