Garroth stared at me for a moment after I pulled away, the light in his eyes not going away even when he turned away from me and looked at the field with his lips pursed together.

"Come to the bathroom with me." I said turning away from Garroth.

"Okay." Katelyn said standing up and looking up at me only after she stuffed her phone into her pocket.

"I'm coming." Cadenza exclaimed much louder then she needed to. We walked down the, unreasonably large, bleachers and around them until we could see the whole view of the park. A seperate, much smaller park, than the one where the softball field is located. We walked across the track field that ran around the outside of the soccer field and into the grass where a small stone building sat.

"It smells like the inside of an egg in here." Katelyn announced as we walked into the very warm building.

"No it doesnt it smells warm." Cadenza said moving to let me walk past her as she stopped at the mirror.

"Warm isnt a smell Cadenza." Katelyn said looking up at the fogged glass cieling that was covered in cobwebs and then proceeding to close the bathroom stall door for me.

"Yes huh you can smell when something is warm." Cadenza said clearly not very interested in the conversation as she was most likely staring at herself in the dirty mirror.

"Y/N can you smell warm." Katelyn asked.

"I dont know." I said only because I dont want to take sides and make the pointless argument worse.

"You can." Cadenza said her voice now becoming more bossy, "When pizza is hot you can smell it."

"You aren't taking a whiff of the hot your smelling the pizza." Katelyn said moving to the side as I came out of the bathroom stall.

"But you can smell that its hot, if its cold it smells different." Cadenza said her voice getting louder.

"Okay okay we get it." I said flicking my, now wet, hands at Cadenza and then pushing the door open to be hit by the sun. Cadenza made an unintentional fart noise with her mouth and wiped her wet face with the collar of her shirt as she walked out the door behind me.

"Everyone else will agree with me anyway I dont need your opinion." Cadenza said running to catch up with Katelyn and I as we crossed the grass.

"I bet Dante agrees with you, no one else wants to get laid." Katelyn said.

"Katelyn," I said laughing but then immediately feeling bad, "thats not very nice." Before anyone else got the chance I spoke again, "Did you guys know he was here?" I stared at Gene for longer than intended until he eventually noticed and took his cigarette out of his mouth and held his hands out in a 'what' position. He sat under the bleachers, directly under where we were sitting, with both his butt and feet on different pieces of metal that were keeping the bleachers up.

"No, did you?" Katelyn asked turning to look at me. I gave Katelyn a look telling her that I didnt know and it was stupid for her to think I would. We walked up the bleachers stairs silently until we got closer to the group.

"Can you guys smell warm?" Cadenza asked.

--------------------

"Y/N can you stay here for afew minutes." Mrs Burke, our math teacher, asked. Katelyn looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed and her head tilted like a dog. I looked at her and shrugged, Katelyn nodded towards Mrs. Burke, which I though meant she was waiting for me. I turned towards the teachers desk holding my binder and books towards my chest. Gene sat on the small table next to Mrs Burke's desk, I had seen him come in but when he waited by Mrs Burke's desk I thought nothing of it. He had his head down and he hadn't looked at me at any point.

"Can I ask a favor of you?" Mrs Burke asked setting down some papers onto her desk.

"I mean it depends what it is." I said joking only partially.

"Since softball season is over," She started, "I was hoping you would have the time to spend some time with Gene afew times a week to help him out with math."

"But," I stumbled over the thoughts in my brain not knowing why this was happening, "but Genes a senior and I'm a junior, and I'm not even that good at math."

"I know but the early senior math is just review from junior year," Mrs Burke said, "and you're one of my highest junior students."

"I- okay sure." I said partially surprised that I'm a high math student and partially surprised that this was happening.

"Thank you Y/N." Mrs Burke said looking back down at her desk wanting us to leave and go to next period. Gene walked past me with his head still down as he walked out the door. I turned around so aggressively that Mrs Burke probably looked up at me.

"So you can't pass math." I asked as soon as I entered the hallway.

"You can think what you want but I had nothing to so with this, and I'm not failing math I have like a D." Gene said turning towards me and throwing his right hand around angrily and then turning and walking away until he was lost in the crowd of people in the hall.