•9•

Weekends are when I feel the most happy. Everyone goes out, and I have the whole house to myself. I can play music as loud as I want, dance around naked and don't have to deal with those horrible people at school.

I woke up to the sweet chirping of birds outside my window. I push the duvet aside and get out of my bed, all with a huge smile on my face.

Oh how I love weekends.

I brush my teeth and run down the stairs to make myself some breakfast. I pour in some milk and put in a huge amount of cereal because I was S T A R V I N G. I plopped down onto the couch and switched aimlessly between channels and ended up with some compilation of cat videos.
I was in the midst of eating my cereal when I heard a knock on the front door.

"Huh, that's weird," I said out loud. Nobody's supposed to be here during this time, and I definitely wasn't expecting any guests. I peeped through the peep hole and I stood there frozen.

It was Levi.

My heart starts beating fast, and I held tight on the door knob so it doesn't magically open and let Levi in. He heard shuffling behind the door and knocked louder.

"Frankie, I know you're in the there. Please let me in. I just want to talk."

Yeah talk my ass. Last time he said that I was left beaten on the gymnasium floor.

"Frankie please, give me a chance. I swear I won't try anything. I can't let myself live like this. I need to tell you something before it's too late."

"Just go away," I said, my lips trembling. I shouldn't even be talking to him, what am I doing. He heard my voice and came closer to the door, this time knocking louder. I flinched every time he knocked.

"Please just give my 5 minutes. I need to tell you something really important. I promise I won't hurt you. The others aren't here. I don't talk to them anymore."

Don't belive him Frankie. He's lying to you.

"Please Frankie, just a minute, that's all I need"
No don't trust him. Remember all the things he did to you. Don't even consider this. He's faking it all.

"You promise you won't hurt me?" I asked in a low voice. I know I shouldn't be doing this, but my curiosity got the better of me.

"I won't lay a finger on you."

My hands on the door knob turned by its own command and I slowly pried the door open. I saw him standing there looking like he hasn't slept in days. I looked around for any sign of his other friends, but they weren't in sight.

"Can I come in? It's really cold outside," he said, with his teeth chattering. I pulled open the door enough for him to get in.

What am I doing? He's the guy who bullied you for ages and you're letting him willingly into your house?

He walked in the living room and sat on the sofa. I close the door and walk to the entrance of the room.

"Say what you want to say and go. 5 minutes, that's all you have." I said, leaning against the door frame.

"I'm sorry." he said, looking me dead in the eye. "I came here to ask for forgiveness. I know I don't deserve it, but I can't stand it. I want to be a better person. I'm sorry for everything. I didn't mean for it to get this bad. It's all my fault. I should've stopped it before it got out of hand."

I stared at him, long and hard. I didn't say anything for a while, and he seemed like he was on the verge of tears.

But then I did the most unexpected thing. I started laughing.

Like full on, mouth wide, whale laughter. Laughter shook my body, and I clutched the door frame so I wouldn't fall. Levi looked beyond confused. I finally got a hold of myself and looked back at him, now serious.

"Really? That's what you want to say. After all these years of torment, you feel like apologizing after all the damage is done?".

He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off.

"Did you really think I was going forgive you that easily? One sorry from you and I would fall to your feet and accept it? You have no idea what you and your ratchet friends have done to me. They have made my life a living hell and made me wish I was dead every second of my life. "

I could see the pain and remorse in his eyes. But I didn't care. I shouldn't feel sorry for this bastard who ruined my life. I was beyond livid that he had the audacity to even look me in the face and ask for forgiveness.

"JUST GET OUT MY HOUSE.I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN. I DON'T WANT YOUR FAKE APOLOGY OR YOUR BULLSHIT STORY ON WHY OR HOW IT STARTED. JUST GET OUT!"

"You didn't even let me explain, please I just want to-

"JUST GO! BEFORE I CALL THE COPS AND MAKE A SCENE. GET OUT!"

He knew there was no point in speaking anymore. I was blinded by my anger. Anger that has been pent up for years and is now slowly releasing in tiny explosions. He walked out the living room, his back slouching, looking defeated. He opened the front door and looked back at me.

"One day I'll get to tell you the truth, and everything will make sense to you."

I slammed the door in his face. I couldn't bare any more of his bullshit.

ROMEO'S POV

"Here's the money for your work at Mr. Beckham's party." He hands me a roll of cash and my face lights up seeing the dollar bills.

"Thank you so much," I say and take it from his hand, smiling ear to ear.

My manager chuckles. "I did take out a few bucks though, because I saw you running away with that random girl and didn't show up for half the party."

I look at him sheepishly. "Uh yeah.. About that-

"It's okay kid. You don't have to explain. You work really hard anyway," he says, cutting me off. "Okay I'll see you tomorrow. Go get some sleep, kid."

I walk out of his apartment after thanking him and pick up my bike from the ground. The cold air was particularly strong this evening, and I wasn't dressed accordingly. I start to bike down the road, getting lost in my thoughts like always.

I look up at the beautiful navy blue sky and saw that there was a proud full moon on display. A sense of deja vu, overwhelms me and my thoughts go back to that beautiful night.

Flashing lights, her sweet laughter, red dress and big beautiful brown eyes. Just thinking about her makes my heart beat faster.

"I wonder where she is now," I say to myself. The way we slow danced in each other's arms and how we stole that poor man's car, all those memories came flooding back to me. It gave me a sense of joy that I can't understand.

But them I remember one of the biggest mistakes I've ever done in my life.

"Get out."

I flinched just remembering how I said it to her. The sad look on her face broke my heart. Why did I even do it? Was I scared of those new emotions she brought in me that I didn't even know I had? Or was it the influx of emotions that I couldn't decipher and just decided on letting it out as anger towards her?

Or

Was I just scared I wouldn't ever see her again?

I suddenly loose control of my bike and it tips to the side, making me fall down on the road. A car honks behind me, and I quickly get up, pulling my bike to the side. The car leaves and I inspect myself for any visible bruises. There was a small scratch on my wrist that looks almost like a heart.

"How ironic," I say and chuckle to myself.