•3•

Colors.

That is all there is. Every inch of this compact room is filled with glow in the dark paintings, neon lights, graffiti's, floating candles hanging from the ceiling along with weird decorations and indie music playing in the backgrounds. It looks like a tiny diner with retro chairs and tables, waiters in skates wearing weird costumes holding food strolling from table to table, a bar on the right, people talking and laughing, no fake smiles, no fancy dresses or champagne glasses, just a bunch of people dressed the way they feel comfortable and dancing the night away.

"Amazing right?" Romeo comes beside me, snapping me out of my reverie.

"Yah, it sure is" I state, still a bit dazed.

"Come on, this is just one part of it." He takes my hand in his, I repeat, he takes my hand in his and guides me through the maze of people, occasionally waving and nodding at some people.

"Hey James!, 2 chef's special please and do bring it up to the binoculars" Romeo calls out to a blonde man.

"2 chef's special coming up" he says with a Scottish accent and twirls around on his skates heading to the kitchen. Romeo continues walking with my hand in his. I take deep breaths to calm my rapid heartbeat or I swear I might have a heart failure. We go up a neon flight of stairs and step right into a...

"Wow." I literally squeak the words out. The scene that lies in front of me is something that I've never seen before.

A small room filled with all types of potted plants, flowers and shrubs. Scented candles all around in little glass cases. The walls and roof are made of wood giving a cottage like vibe and there are hamsters running around in weird costumes. Romeo walks forward with me in tow.

Oh and did I mention that our hands are still interlocked?

We walk towards a seeming window, a huge one and by huge I mean the size of a wall. The glass displays the view of the entire city. The building, the cars and the people, all appear tiny from here. Romeo sits on the wooden floor, pulling me down with him.

"The whole city right in front of our eyes" Romeo says proudly.

"It's beautiful" I say, mesmerized.

"I agree" replies Romeo but something tells me he's not talking about the view. I turn my head to the side and catch him staring at me. I thought he would awkwardly avert his gaze or say some lame excuse but he just keeps staring, a slight smile on his lips.

"Done gawking yet?" I tease. He just smirks and moves closer to me. Our arms are now touching, his raspberry scent again taking over my senses. He places our interlocked hands on his lap.

Yah, our hands are still interlocked. Not ones has he let it go.

"Nope" he replies cheekily and moves his face an inch closer to mine. His striking bright blue eyes pierce into my dark brown ones. The city lights coming from the huge window illuminate his features. I let my eyes freely roam over his features. Jet-black hair, pale white skin, stone hard face, big plum lips and finally his unreal blue eyes.

"You're new around here huh?" he asks.

I nod, "yah, actually I'm leaving tomorrow. I just came here for that boring party."

This earned me a frown from him. "wait wha-, I mean wait... you're lea-ving?" he asks stuttering.

"Yah..." I reply unsure. Why is he reacting like this?

We both were intensely staring at each other when suddenly we heard shoes squeaking. We both turn around to look at the invaders. Two toddlers, one girl and one boy dressed in cute costumes walk up to us carrying trays filled with food. They shyly approach us, place the trays down and run off giggling.