•12•

I push open the double doors to my doom and step in with Levi's hand in mine. Mr. Harrison had his back to us, completely oblivious I had brought in an intruder with me.

"How do you manage to bring trouble by simply existing, Frankie? Every disturbance at this school is somehow related to you," his frustrated voice echoes through the empty room. "You're just like her."

Like who?

"Why don't you ask your dear son that question?"

My jaw drops open hearing Levi's retort. This man really grew a pair overnight.

Mr. Harrison whirls around in bewilderment. His eyes rake his bloody form and my hand clutched in his.

"What's the meaning of this? Have you lost your mind, Levi?" Mr. Harrison's face taints a crimson red in pure rage.

"The only person who's lost their mind is your imbecilic son and this God-forsaken academy!" Levi strengthens his hold on my hand and takes a step closer to the fuming principle. "We all bullied this innocent girl for no reason at all and everyone here simply watched it happen!"

"You know there is a reason for all of this, Levi. Don't you dare forget it." Levi's hold loosens hearing Mr. Harrison's words.

"I am very well aware. But that is my fault and only mine. None of you had to get involved the way you did," Levi proudly answers back despitehis jittery lips.

"No, Levi you are wrong. The fault is entirely hers and the fact that she pretend to not know anything - disgusting," he looks me up and down with a look of revulsion, causing Levi to step in front of me.

"She's not responsible for anything. This has gone too far and I am going to put an end to this," he states, determination lacing his voice. His expression was hidden from me since he had his back to me, but whatever expression he had, put on a smile on Mr. Harrison's face.

"You're a very confusing boy, Levi." He turns his gaze to me and looks at my with an expression of pity. "You better watch-

The loud banging on the door interrupts Mr. Harrison. The register woman rushes to open the door and reveals a dolled-up Mrs. Earl; my step-mom. One look at her face and I realized my end was near.

"Mrs. Earl, glad you came so quickly. I was just briefing your daughter on her retributions for her delinquent actions today." Mr. Harrison put on a complete façade and beams up at my step-mom, spitting pure honey out of his mouth.

"I'd like to apologize for her turbulent behavior. I'll make sure to knock some basic manners into her after today. Thank you for your kind tolerance, Mr. Harrison." She yanks my hand from Levi's and drags me out of the office. I stare back as Levi burns holes into the back of my step-mom's head.

"We'll - talk - later." Levi mouths and I unintentionally nod in confirmation. My trust in Levi has been dangerously growing these past few days and I hope this flicker of faith does not end up burning me whole.

* * * *

The car ride back home was the most nerve-wracking thing humanly possible. The brimming rage oozing out of her left me on the edge of my seat; never knowing when or how the volcano is going to explode.

Luckily, she kept mum until we walked up to our front door. That is, until she pulled the doors open and shoved me into the granite floors, swinging off her heels and throwing them at me.

"HAVEN'T YOU CAUSED ENOUGH PROBLEMS ALREADY? WHY ARE YOU MAKING US REGRET TAKING YOU IN AND CARING FOR YOU YOUR LIFE?"

Annnnnd, my execution has commenced. It was a great life - not, but anyway I am more than ready to die this quick death in the hands of Mrs. Earl right here and right now.

"ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME, YOU UNGRATEFUL BITCH!"

"What's the commotion here, honey? I just want to watch my match in peace," Mr. Earl lazily walks up to his wife, completely ignoring the whole 5'2 girl laying on the floor.

"She punched the principal's boy and made a huge scene in the hallway today at school. Now, she's suspended for a whole week." she brings up her hands to her face and sighs in exasperation. Mr. Earl looks at me with utter disgust and holds his weeping wife.

"There, There, Harriet. We'll make her pay alright? I was thinking about giving a holiday to the maids and the cook anyway. Glad that we got a replacement so soon."

Wait no, just end me right here. I would rather be six-feet underneath than clean their toilet bowls for an entire week.

Harriet halts her melodramatic weeping to look at me, still laying on the floor. "You'll pay for all your sins soon, Frankie." With that, she and her husband trample over me, literally, and walk into their bedroom, closing the door with a bang.

I, too, got up and wiped the dried residue of blood from the broken nose Tyson gave me. A shiver ran up my spine imagining his eyes while I laid under him earlier today. Pushing away all wretched thoughts, I run up the stairs and into my bedroom, locking the doors to ensure privacy.

Abruptly, two muscular arms wrap around my waist and force me onto the bed, trapping me underneath them. With a slight waft of the woody-cinnamon scent, I realized who it is without turning my back.

Tyson.