•8•

I chain my bike and walk towards the school gates, dreading what this day will bring to me.

As I walk through the school ground I hear whispers and giggles from the people around me.

"Pathetic"

"Loser"

"Nerd"

"Ugly"

I plug in my earphones and increase the volume to maximum to block out the whispers.

Sick of all these people talking, sick of all this noise

I look around. Everyone is standing in groups, In packs. And I, a lone wolf.

A deer for them to prey on.

A fly caught in their web.

I get to the huge grey doors separating me from my doom. I pull it open and step into the corridors.

The sight I saw was not something I wanted to see this early in the morning.

Tyson and his horrendous gang is standing right in the middle of the hallway and people are surrounding them, some with their phones up to record what's going to happen. I don't give them the satisfaction of being scared and I casually walked towards them.

Tired of all these cameras flashing, sick of being poised

I get in between a gap and zoom past them. Just when I thought I could get away from them this once. Someone yanks me from the back and slams me into the lockers.

Now my neck is open wide, begging for a fist around it

"You've gotten pretty disrespectful now haven't you" Tyson sneers into my face while gripping my neck.

Brea appears next to him and smirks seeing my helpless state."There's no Levi to save you today, Bitch", and with that she slaps me in the face. The audience cheered in approval.

Already choking on my pride, so there's no use crying about it

Anger wells deep inside of me. My hands itch from the need to punch every single student in this hallway. My body starts heating up and my veins pulse in fury.

Oh, all these minutes passing, sick of feeling used

Tyson and the rest, stand there laughing at me and the crowd joins in. At that moment I felt an unknown feeling of bravery and I did what I wanted to do for a very long time.

I punched that asshole in the face.

If you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised

Tyson falls to the ground, blood dripping down his nose. The whole hallway stands still with their mouths agape. I turn around and walk away from a moaning Tyson. The crowd parts like the red sea, everyone staring at me in silence. I got to the grey doors and I notice Levi standing there, looking at me with his piercing blue eyes. His emotions well hidden in them. I pull the huge doors open and I walk out of this hell hole.

~°*°~~°*°~~°*°~~°*°~~°*°~~°*°~

I stuff my earphones in my backpack and I slouch down onto the swing. I ran out of the school grounds, forgetting that I had a bike in the rush, and headed straight to the park.

I look up at the clear blue sky and remember the events that happened less than 5 minutes ago

What have I done?

I'm dead meat for sure. I can't return to school ever. Or even my house.

That's it. I'm leaving this town. I'm flying to Mexico and changing my name to Carmelita. I'll wear the Sombrero and hide under it so no one can recognize me.

Who am I kidding?

I let out a groan and accidentally fell off the swing.

"Need some help?" Someone asks from behind. I turn around and froze. Levi was walking towards me. His bag hanging on his shoulder. I look behind him to see if the others were following him.

"It's just me" he says, reading my mind.

"Go away before I break your nose too" I threaten him, still on the ground. He chuckles. A vibrating sound that sends chills down my spine. He comes towards and me and sits on the swing. I get up and move away from him.

"I'm not here to hurt you" he says, in a low whisper. I barely managed to hear that.

"I'm used to your tricks, Levi. I'm not going to fall for it this time" I say staring angrily at the ground, remembering all the time he pretended to be nice to me only to hurt me in the end.

"I like the way you say my name"

My head shot up to him and stare at him, bewildered.

What?

He realized what he just said and a pink tint appeared on his cheeks.

"Uh I did-.. Uhh that's not.." he starts to stammer, thinking of an excuse.

What's wrong with him?

And then it hit me. This is Levi. Levi Jackson. He's the manipulator the whole school is scared of. My face contoured into a grimace when I realized that I almost fell for his act. I run away from him and out of the park, Levi calling my name behind me.

I won't fall for your tricks this time, Levi.

Mystery BoyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara