Chapter Seven - 2012

I wake up gasping for air. My throat feels dry and my eyes heavy. I sit upright and look around. I'm not in that god awful cabin anymore at least. But where the hell am I?! It feels like I'm in some sort of cave. Did Joshua Parker just dump me here?!
As I stumble around looking for an exit, my head starts pounding and I feel dizzy. What the hell has he done to me?
I finally find my way out into the blinding sunlight. It feels like I've not seen daylight in days, my eyes are so sore I have to squint to see where I'm going.
I'm in the middle of some woods. I walk for a bit and then I come across a graveyard. Creepy. Where am I?!

I walk a little further through the cemetary. It's so quiet. Almost peaceful.
As I come out the cemetary, I feel like I've been here before. I look around, taking everything in, then I spot it. The Grill. I'm in Mystic Falls! Well, at least he didn't dump me somewhere random in the middle of nowhere!
I almost run towards the bar and through the doors, absolutely gasping for a drink.
"Could I have a water please?" I beg the guy behind the bar.
"Sure" he looks at me with concern. "You okay?"
"Yea, I'm just SUPER thirsty!" I laugh nervously, gulping down the glass of water he passes me. "Thankyou!"
"No problem. Let me know if you need another!" he smiles. As he walks away I notice a few things. His haircut... its cool, but not a style I'd seen before. And those jeans. What is with those? They look like they've been spraypainted on! I shrug it off and continue looking around. Lots of people are wearing similar clothes and sporting similar haircuts. Maybe a new trend? As I sit there, slightly confused, I hear a noise and jump.
"What the hell was that?!" I screech. The barman walks over towards me with a perplexed look on his face.
"You sure you're okay?" He asks me.
"I'm fine. But what was that weird noise??" I ask him, a worried look on my face. Am I hearing things?
"Uh.... this?" He says, pulling a device out of his pocket and holding it up to me. I lean over the bar to look at it closer and take it from his hand.
"What IS this?!" I ask him curiously, looking at it as if it's some kind of alien device.
"A phone..." He says with a bemused look on his face. He thinks I'm trying to be funny.
"Oh...." That's not like any kind of phone I've ever seen!

I jump down from the bar stool, glancing around again. Lots of people are talking on similar 'phones'. I shake my head in confusion and run out through the doors into the street, crashing straight into a solid chest, almost flying backwards in the process if it weren't for somebody grabbing my wrist.
"Whoa!" The person shouts, pulling me back up towards them. I look up to see a handsome man stood there with a concerned look on his face. "You okay?" He asks me.
"Yeah. Yeah. I'm just. I'm a bit confused." I reply, looking around flustered. The cars don't look the same either. Mystic falls looks the same, but different.
"Okay... come sit down." He says, guiding me towards a bench and gesturing for me to sit, which I do.
"What... what year is it?" I ask him cautiously, not wanting to sound like a crazy person.
"2012" he replies with a questioning look on his face.
I sit there, dead still, staring ahead. Did he just say 2012? That can't be right...
"No. No. That's not...No..." I reply, shaking my head. He puts a hand on my shoulder and looks at me seriously. "What year do you think it is?" He asks me.
"1994. It's May 10th 1994." I say very matter of fact.
He looks at me and raises his eyebrows. "Did you say May 10th 1994?" He asks me.
I just nod in response.
"I think you need to come with me." He says, standing to offer a hand to me. I accept and stand up.
"And who exactly are you?" I ask him.
"I'm Stefan Salvatore." He smiles softly.
"Mia. Mia Michaels." I reply.

——————————————————————

A short while later and I'm sitting on a couch in a massive house. Stefan has made me a coffee which I very much need right now. How can what he said be true? How is it 2012? How had I missed 18 years, yet I still look and feel exactly the same?
I can hear Stefan talking to someone in the kitchen. The conversation sounds quite heated but I can't really make out what is being said.
I close my eyes, leaning back on the couch, trying to calm my breathing.
A few minutes later the sofa moves beneath me and someone speaks. "So. This is 1994 girl?" The voice says. I open my eyes to see a man sat next to me. He has raven hair and piercing blue eyes. He's looking me up and down as if he's trying to figure out what I am.

"My names Mia." I say, staring back at him.
"Well hello Mia. I'm Damon Salvatore. I believe you've already met my brother Stefan?" I glance over at Stefan who smiles and gives me a nod.
"Yeah. But I'm still a bit confused..." I begin.
"You and me both." He cuts in. "So tell us. What was the last thing you remember?"
I tell him the story of what happened just before I woke up. How Joshua had tricked me into going into the cabin behind their house. How he had cast some spell with a group of people and I had fallen asleep. Then I had woken up again in Mystic Falls.
Turns out this was indeed 2012. Joshua must have put some spell on me, but why was I awake now?
"I don't understand. If Joshua put a spell on me, how have I woken up?" I ask, a confused tone to my voice.
"That's what we're trying to figure out..." he begins, looking at me suspiciously. "What did you say this Joshuas last name was?" He asks me, staring at me intently.
"Parker." I tell him. Damon's face froze. His eyes widen and his jaw drops.
"You know Kai Parker?" He asks. Stefan sits the other side of me, staring at me also.
"Yes. We knew each other in high school. He..."
"Whoa whoa whoa!" I hear a female voice come from behind me and I turn to see who it is. In the doorway is a pretty girl with long brown hair.

Damon jumps from his seat and walks towards her. "Elena!" He smiles at her. She nods and continues speaking, walking in my direction. "You know Kai Parker?"
I look at her confused. How do they know about Kai? Surely he's in his 40's now. And he'd never even set foot in Mystic Falls before.
I don't answer. I just sit there my mind going crazy.
"Do YOU know Kai?" I ask her.
"Not personally, no. But Damon does, and our friend Bonnie is currently stuck in a prison world with him." She answers, a sad look on her face.
"A prison what?" I ask her.
Damon butts in "A prison world. He was sent there in 1994 after killing most of his family. He's a complete psychopath, and our friend Bonnie is currently stuck over there with him."
"I wouldn't be too sure about that..." another voice says from behind us. We turn to see a girl stood there with curly blonde hair.
"Liv?" Elena says, standing to look at her. The girl was covered in cuts. "What's happened?" she ask's her.
"Kai's back." Liv says with a serious tone. She looks at me, a frown on her face. "And who the hells is this?"