I wore a sparkly one piece with a black bet around the waist. For the hair I kept them in soft curls and after putting a little bit of makeup, I wore my white pumps and was ready to go.

"Ready." I announced and after me Violet walked out of a black dress which matched with Josh's black shirt. Coincidence, I think not.

We drive to the place of exhibition, it was magnificent.

Josh handed the car keys to the valet person and we all walked in. Of course Josh and Violet went towards right, opposite direction than I and Jen. Young love. I sighed mentally.

I and Jen neared an empty corner and I said, "Why did you bring me here? You know I have no interest in these."

"Soph, we're gonna leave in 5. I know an amazing coffee place right around the corner. Let Josh and Violet have a date while we'll hangout." She winked at me completing the sentence.

"Smart." I said nodding my head.

"I know. Now come let's go."

We were about to exit the place when someone bumped into Jen. Not someone, Kevin Grey. Alex's younger brother.

Also, Alex was just beside him. In a blazer with jeans. Wow.

"Sorry." Jen quickly said.

"If it isn't the lovely, Jennifer Parker." Kevin said with a gentle smirk.

"I didn't know you both liked paintings but why are you girls leaving so soon?" Alex asked. He took his time checking me out while Jen and Kevin were having a conversation.

"Actually we tricked Jen's brother and my friend into a date. They like each other but won't confess. So, we bought them here and now are just leaving." I said looking into Alex's deep brown eyes.

"Do you maybe want to have lunch, Jennifer?" Kevin asked and Jen straight away answered 'yes'. Obviously she's got some interest in Kevin.

"We can have some coffee, if you like, in the mean time. I'll drop you off later on." Alex offered.

"Umm... Sure." I answered with a smile.

"This way." Alex guided me out of the hall. I bid Jen a 'bye' and left.

The coffee place was just one block away so we decided to walk.

"Wouldn't it be unprofessional to have a cup of coffee with my boss." I teased.

"Come on Sweetheart, we've already move on from the typical employer-employee relation, now haven't we." Alex said while keeping a hand on my waist. I smiled at him and he returned one.

We reached the coffee place and took our seats.

I ordered a decafe almond milk latte while Alex ordered a normal cappuccino.

Now that we're alone, I'm noticing how good does he actually looks in an ordinary white top and a dark blue coat.

We were talking about stuff when Alex's phone rang. He excused himself and answered his phone.

And as I was sitting there, the procrastinating side of me took over.

Is this a date?

Did he ask me out?

Am I on a date with my boss?

What if people in the office know about that? What will they think? They'll say I got the job because of the date or something.

Have I made a mistake by coming here with Alex?

"Sophia, hey, what happened?" I didn't realise when Alex came and took his seat.

"I'm fine."

"You sure? You were all smiling and cheered up when I went to attend the call and as soon as I get back, you're here with a frown stuck on your face."

Is he always so observant? I kinda like that.

Wait, where did that come from?

Before anything could be said by me or Alex, the waiter was back with our coffees. We enjoyed our cups with the heavenly delicious and steaming hot liquid. We had little chat here and there, and I thought he left the topic to be.

When we finished our coffees and the waiter bought the bill, I offered a dutch but Alex insisted for paying for my coffee as well, being the gentleman that he is.

So, when that was done, we just started walking to the exhibition hall where Alex's car was parked.

"So, Sophia, what were you thinking back there before I arrived?"

"Umm.." I hesitated to answer. Wouldn't it be embarrassing?

"You can tell me, Sweetheart." He kept a gentle hand on the small of my back.

"Was that a date? I mean if someone from the office knows what will they think? They'll obviously think we were on a date and they'll even question my potential and think I got the job because of being with you. I mean, there will be rumours. And I know I am single but what if your girlfriend knows. I, of course, don't know weather you have one or not but wouldn't it be horrible? Moreover.."

I stopped talking midway because Alex grabbed my waist tightly and pulled me towards him such that I crashed into his chest. My hand laid flat on his chest. We were currently standing in front of his posh and beautiful, Audi.

"Sweetheart, take a deep breath. I don't care if someone sees us. No, I don't have a girlfriend and it's good to know you're single too but just know that if I were to take you on a date, it wouldn't be as simple as coffee." He lightly tapped my nose and opened the car door for me. I settled in and so did he.

With a smile thrown at me by Alex, we took off.

So much for a cup of coffee.