Chapter 20: Until my last breath

Start from the beginning

"Yeah I know it's quite shocking. I know what you might be thinking right now and I agree with you...it's not just an accident Ryan, someone purposely did it. I don't think it's just a coincidence that it happened just in your study and your room...these are the two places where you spend most of your time when you are home" He said.

"Do we have any other information about it" I asked not wanting to talk further about how 'it's not an accident' and all that since Vienna is sitting next to me and I don't want to discuss all of this in front of her.

I don't want her to panic while she already wishes to leave me and this news will give her further more reasons to do so.

"No Ryan. Not yet. I'm sure we'll find out soon but one thing is clear that all this was planned to trap you into the fire but fortunately you weren't there. I guess whoever did this had no idea about your trip" He replied.

"Okay. Do you think they know about..." I paused as I was about to take Vienna's name but stopped knowing that if she knows that I'm discussing about her with someone than she won't drop this topic until she finds out what it was about.

I glanced at her as until now she was staring at me but as soon as I looked towards her she moved her eyes away...back to the window. 

"About...you know" I continued hesitantly with a shrug, hoping that he would just understand whom I'm talking about without me having to take her name.

Though I know it was a question that made zero sense because we still don't know who was behind this fire then how is it possible for him to tell if they know about Vienna or not.

But I just couldn't help but ask since that was the only thing I was worried about right now.

If my enemies know about her than it's going to get messy...they'll just make her a target to get back at me. And trust me people can be really cruel when it comes to revenge, I know that much.

But I swear on my love that I'll never ever let any of them get anywhere near her, let alone hurt her...until I'm alive.

I promise love.

I'll keep you safe...I'll protect you.

Always.

Until my last breath.

But right now what I'm worried about is that if they got into the mansion once under such tight security, then there's no doubt that they can get inside again since we don't know who it is yet.

Maybe they'll attack again in some other way probably because by now they might how got the news that I'm alive and their plan failed miserably.

Taking Vienna back to the mansion right now is not a good idea...it's a risk that I'm not willing to take.

Actually I'm not willing to take any kinds of risk when it comes to her so I'm definitely not going to take her back at the mansion...we'll have to stay somewhere else for a few days until we figure out who was behind this fire and do something about it.

Maybe I can take her to my family's place...yeah I should take her there, though I'm not saying that it's the safest place on earth for her but it won't be the first target of my enemies, since most of them know that I don't visit there much and some of them don't even know where my family lives.

Yeah so I guess it's a great idea.

My mother would be delighted to see me or rather should I say she would be delighted to see Vienna after like a year and a half maybe...well I don't exactly remember the last time Vienna met my family.