Doctor for 24 hours

The Interrogation

February 29, 1968. The Patient has been having problems with their nose and hasn't been feeling well. They have a fever and have been homebound for the last 17 days. We don't know what the case may be but we think it is a newly discovered disease. We haven't had them come into the ER but we will not have them come in until we can discover what the disease is.

September 23, 1968. It has currently been almost 7 months since the case was reported. We have currently Discovered the disease to be Polychondritis; we don't know what this could lead to and what the problems are with it but it could be infectus to the human body and could eventually lead to death.

December 24, 1968. We have had the patient in the ER for 2 weeks. We are planning on doing a biopsy in the next 48 hours. Their eyes are swollen and red; patient says they can't see and we have given them eye drops and they have been reported to be working. Polychondritis is a long lasting disease and cannot be cured with the technology we have.

January 12, 1969. The patient is currently on life alert and is being watched 24/7. The disease is so rare with less than 100 reported cases in the last 6 months. Tracheal surgery has been put in place and is going to be done in 98 hours from today at 9:32 AM. The patient has been given lots of medication and is getting a ct scan.

January 25, 1969. The family and the hospital are arranging a funeral service for the patient because we don't think they are going to live within the next 12 weeks. This is serious and we can't do anything to support the life of the patient. We need to help the patient as much as we can and we need to help them get better.

February 1, 1969. The patient has partially recovered and has been sent home. The patient has been asked to stay in touch with the ER and the funeral services have been canceled. The patient has been on chemo every saturday since January 25, 1969 to help with their lumps. We aren't sure how much longer the patient will live but we hope for a lot longer because they are super young. When I say young I mean in their 20's.

March 29, 1969. The patient's mom has walked in the house and found them unconcious. The funeral service has been called and the funeral will be held tomorrow at the hospital and then will be moved over to the cemetery tomorrow afternoon. The family wants to remind you to wear black in honor of the patient and the patient will be missed dearly. The family needs help to put the patients house up for sale and to clear the house out and to sell all of their belongings. Charity will be held for the patients favorite charity and all of the money will be donated. Remember anything will help!