Complaint

8/23/22

Six Flags - Great America

1 Great America Parkway

Gurnee, IL 60031

Dear Six Flags,

On August 1, 2022, I attended your theme park in Gurnee, Illinois and rode your ride the demon. This ride opened May 26, 1976 and after riding this it seems as if this hasn't been updated since the beginning of its time.

Unfortunately, its safety features are non-existent and the harness feels as if you're going to slide out. I could have slid out if I wanted to but chose to be safe while riding your ride. The harness is so lose that when the ride is in progress, expect to have whiplash. This ride is a simulation of a car accident. I am not necessarily disappointed with this ride but it does need to be updated to the modern standards to keep the community and guests of Six Flags - Great America safe.

To resolve this issue, I recommend that you guys inspect this ride every so often and make sure that everything is running smoothly and that the harnesses are tight. If the ride doesn't pass the inspection you should purchase new harnesses to keep your guests safe. I understand that it isn't going to be 100% safe everytime and that the harnesses might still be looser but there is always room for improvement for your theme park, Great America and the guests that enjoy your park everyday.

I look forward to your reply and some compromise or resolution to this problem and I will wait until September 6, 2022 before seeking help from a higher authority under Six Flags. Please contact me with the following information:

Sincerely,
Portter Horton

Contact information confidential