Losing our coral reefs & Environmental Impacts of Our Dams

Losing Our Coral Reefs
Essay 1/2

To begin, I have to say that we're losing our coral reefs because of us humans. According to the website State of the Planet, the "coral reefs are the rainforests of the planet." Coral reefs provide food and resources for more than 500 million people in over 100 countries and territories; tragically coral reefs are in crisis. Coral reefs are endangered by a variety of factors, including: natural phenomena such as hurricanes, El Niño, and diseases etc. 25% of our reefs have been damaged beyond repair; it's getting to the point where it's too late to turn back and save the earth. In 2050 if we don't stop now we can certainly be killed then because of our actions.

    Second, Everyday more and more tropical fish are being taken from the reefs and traded when they should be staying in the water in the reefs. A recent study of 159 reefs in the Pacific found that plastic pollution is killing coral. When coral reefs come into contact with plastic waste, the incidence of disease rises. Global warming is hurting the reefs; when coral is exposed to heat it stresses and expels its algae and it bleaches itself and then it dies.

    Finally for Losing Our Coral Reefs, We can't really fix our economic issues because we have gotten to far and we are on the edge of losing the human species. Nobody has really done anything until now because we are realizing that we have screwed up and it's almost too late to turn back time and fix the earth. We can save the reefs by putting borders around the reefs so you can't go to them. We need to stop going to them because if we leave them alone there is a possible chance we can turn around and bring them back.

Environmental Impacts of Dams
Essay 2/2

First, Dams are causing problems in the environment. They are separating species and they aren't the best option humans have made. Humans need to let the earth do what it wants to do. If you don't let the earth do what it wants then you should probably leave. The hoover dam and the glen dam need to be destroyed and the lakes and rivers can do what they want to do; if it causes flooding get over it it is your fault you made the flooding happen by building a dam.

Second, Humans are thinking that the earth is theirs and that nothing is happening. In reality they are messing up the earth and killing themselves slowly. If we really wanted to help the earth we would stop building dams and we would go clean up garbage because the earth would mean something to us. When we go to mars NASA should only let the responsible for the environment people come; the people who don't care should stay on earth and be getting a taste of their own medicine.

Finally for Environmental Impacts of Dams, Humans need to stop and look at their surroundings and if they see garbage go clean it up. I don't think we will make it to 2050 without surviving because of the worst species alive the human species/race. Every year 100 to 1,000 million species are lost per year, mostly due to human-caused habitat destruction and climate change. Humans are the worst thing to ever exist because we can't leave habitats and other things alone because we are rude to other species and don't care.