Service!

Service Project

The project that I chose is raking the leaves for my fellow elderly neighbors. I went to multiple different yards and raked the leaves for a couple of hours. During this project, I learned that doing service for others can be fun if you make it but it also gives me satisfaction of helping others who need the help more than I do.

This project started around 6 PM and everyone gathered together. We went around the neighborhood and raked the elderly neighbors' front yards which was quite a lengthy process but everyone was so kind and helpful to help us get these leaves picked up that were scattered all across the lawns. It was also cold and uncomfortable outside so we had to move quickly with the process. I was in charge of keeping track of all the bags of leaves. I had to put the bags in the back of a truck and keep them in an organized fashion so we could properly put the leaves in the back of the truck to fit more. When our service project ended that night, we had done about five yards and about 25 bags of leaves were collected. During this project I also learned that selfless kinds of service can mean so much to others. Some people can be in need so much and just be aware of people who need it most.

Throughout this project, I got to help elderly neighbors and people in my neighborhood who needed the extra help. With my hard work, it paid off because I got to see my help affect them. It was one less thing that they had to worry about but was one thing that I could do to serve others in my freetime.