2

"Happy one year anniversary," Zac handed me a pretty worn out sketchbook.

"Shouldn't I be the one to get you a sketchbook?" I raised both eyebrows.

He laughed, "open it,"

Not knowing what to expect, I turned to the first page and gasped. It was a drawing, so detailed that it looked like a black and white photograph. I could taste the dumplings, PJ & B sandwiches, Zac's mother's chocolate muffins and mango smoothie. If I tried harder I could feel the sand beneath the blanket and hear the sea crashing onto the shore.

The pencil drawing showed the silhouettes of two boys, sitting on a blanket on the beach, surrounded by food, facing the sea as the sun sets. A date was scribbled at the bottom.

Speechless, I turned to the second page and another drawing greeted me. It was like driving down a memory lane. This drawing showed the same two boys on the beach, dancing in the rain. Somehow, he had captured the scene perfectly again.

I looked at the third page, and it was me sleeping peacefully on his bed, I couldn't remember when was it but the date told me that it was just a few days after our first date.

Awestruck, I continued flipping through the pages, some were just pages of doodles filled with my eyes or hair, the only drawings with colour. Some were detail drawings of simple moments that I had almost forgotten; laughing at something Zac said; me driving and holding his hand. Some were moments I could never forget; our prom; exploring an abandon mall in the city next to ours where I might had jumped into Zac's arms because of a noise which turned out to be a rat; going to Disneyland; the double date with Jeremy and Kean.

The last page was a drawing of us kissing, the background vaguely looked like Kean's kitchen. I looked at the bottom of the page and it was the date of that night.

Words failed me, so I could only kissed him hard. "Thank you, this, this is the best gift ever and I don't think I can ever give you something half as good as this,"  I breathed, pulling away only because we needed air.

"You are enough of a gift, you are the best thing I could ever have,"

I had no reply to that so I answered with my lips.

Fin.