0.8

I wished I could switch off my brain, unplug my mind, or just not think in general. That would make my life so much easier. Unfortunately, it was not possible, and life did not care.

The ongoing dreams haunted me at night and my spiralling thoughts plagued me during the day. I never noticed how his eye colour was actually lighter than his hair colour, and that he always smelt like peppermint. My eyes somehow always found him first wherever I was, the hallways, classrooms, cafeteria, I was always looking for a messy flop of dark hair. It drove me crazy how hyperaware I was of him now. Zacharias was all that was on my mind and I wished he wasn't.

"-and then she was like- Kade, Kaden," Zac waved his hand in front of me. 

I blinked rapidly at him, "yeah?"

"You okay? You have been really out lately," Zac said worriedly, his dark eyebrows furrowed adorably, wrinkles forming between his eyebrows.

"Yeah I'm fine," I said dismissively, I really should solve this problem soon. It was beginning to make our relationship weird and I do not like this awkward tension. I hoped he didn't feel weirded out or anything. Zac didn't act any different than before so it might just be me.

"You sure?"

"Yeah and then what did she say?"

And Zac continued to tell me about this girl, I tried my best to listen and manage to pay attention to the rest of the story.

"What about you? Haven't heard about any girls for a long time," he titled his head towards me, the light casted shadows on his jawline, making it seemed impossibly sharp.

"The same old, nothing special, haven't really hook up with anyone," I spoke the truth, come to think on it, no girls had ever really piqued my interest.

He arched a graceful eyebrow, "maybe you need to get laid,"

I wore my signature smirk, hoping that it was convincing enough, "maybe, I guess it has been too long,"

His smirk matched mine, "Hmn guess we are going to Blake's party this Friday,"

"Yes we are," maybe alcohol would help, at least for a while I could stop thinking, maybe I just really needed to get laid.

The week passed uneventfully, except that one time I may had almost walk into Zac showering, and he laughed it off, but I could not get the image out of my head. Thank god it was not anything that I had never seen, just his toned chest and defined abdominal. Friday arrived at last and I could not wait to get wasted, to stop thinking. Zac offered to drive and I did not turn him down.

We arrived to Blake's house, similar to Kean's and I went straight to where the drinks were and downed five shots under three minutes.

"Woah, you really plan on getting really wasted tonight," Zac was still nursing his first drink.

"Yes and I need an one night stand," I scanned the crowd for any potential girls interested for a hook up. I missed the weird look on Zac.

A girl caught my stare and made her way towards us, her hips swaying in each step and I did not miss her eyes looking me up and down. Zac mumbled something and left us alone.

We went through the normal procedure, complimenting, flirting and dancing.

"I don't do anything twice, no strings attach," I breathed into her ear as she ground against me, her back pressed into my chest.

She threw her head back, exposing her neck even more, "that's the way I like it,"

I gave her my smirk, "great," and we danced some more before making our way to an empty bedroom upstairs, Her lips kissing a wet trail down my jaw. I pushed her onto the bed and climbed on top of her, she tore off my jacket and shirt impatiently, her manicured hands grabbing me hungrily. I took off her top, kissing, biting and sucking my way to her stomach.

Just as she was taking off my pants, the door bang opened, "YOU FUCKING WHORE, I KNEW IT,"

I pulled up my pants quickly and got off her as fast as I could. Damn it not again.

A guy red as the devil stomped into the room I backed off quickly and try to get out, he threw a scalding look at me. I put up my hands showing him that I knew nothing, "sorry dude, I didn't know she has a boyfriend, thought she was single."

"Fiancé, I'm her fucking fiancé," the guy looked like he was about to explode, but he was looking at his fiancé, or ex-fiancé.

I looked at the girl in disbelief and she shrugged, wow okay, "okay I'm sorry man, uh I'll leave it to you guys,"

It was the most awkward walk I had ever made, walking back to the bed to grab my shirt and discarded jacket, shrugging my shirt on before leaving the room as fast as I could with my shirt over my head.

"You-" the guys started but the girl cut him off.

"Oh please, you know it already, I wanted to break it off ages ago but you never listen to me-" I was too far away to hear the rest and frankly I was not interested at all. And this is why I don't do relationships.

I went to get more drinks, trying to find Zac; like a lost wise man looking for the stars to bring them to Jesus. I found him alone in a corner of the living room, where the main party happened, still nursing the same drink. I frowned, he should be somewhere with a girl or friends, why was he alone?

"Zacharias, why are you all by yourself?" He jumped a bit and the longing on his face was replaced by his usual smirk.

"Oh, no one really caught my eyes," he was looking out at the dancing crowd with faraway eyes.

"Hmn," and I leaned next to him on the wall.

"Where's that girl?"

"Her fiancé found us on the bed,"

"Seriously again? And this time fiancé?!" He laughed and a grin broke out on my face.

"Yeah I know right, and that is why I will never do relationships,"

His eyes flashed with something, "yeah," he finished his drink at last and gestured for me to follow him to get more drink. I latched onto his arm, since I had begun tripping.

Or maybe I just wanted to be close to him.