0.7

"You look beautiful Daisy," I fist bumped Daisy, who looked stunning in a casual, spaghetti straps, navy dress. Her dark hair was woven in an elaborate crown and she wasn't wearing her glasses, Emma probably forced her to wear contact; but with or without glasses she still looked gorgeous. Good looking genes really did run in the Sin family.

"Thanks Kade, you too," I was wearing a black tuxedo with a navy blue tie. I offered her my arm and we got into my car. Zac had driven to my house and pick up Emma already. It was weird to have Daisy in the passenger seat instead of Zac.

The ride to school was filled with wild gestures of Daisy animating the tv show she was currently binge watching. She was still explaining what she thought might happen in later episodes and insist who would be endgame when we walked into the decorated gym where the dance took place.

The gym looked more or less like last year's homecoming, the equipment pushed aside and tables were near the walls with nonalcoholic drinks on them; but I was pretty sure someone spiked it. Groups of people near the tables or on the dance floor. Loud music played from the cheap speakers, at least the playlist was put together by the students.

My friends spot me and immediately came over, swamping me and I could see that Daisy was getting uncomfortable.

"I'll go find Zac now," I told them loudly, needing to raise my voice to be heard over the ear deafening music.

"I think he's on the dance floor with your sister;" Jean shouted back at me. I nodded and brought Daisy to the middle of the gym, where a makeshift dance floor was. Clumsily, we danced into the middle where Zac and Emma were laughing, obtuse in their own little bubble. My heart clenched.

"You guys look like you have two left feet," Emma hollered at us when she noticed us dancing near them.

"I didn't ask to come Emma!" Daisy shouted at her, Emma laughed again and then she stole Daisy away from me, whisking her away to teach her how to dance.

My hand and shoulder were not empty for long, slender, strong hands replaced them and I caught a swift of cologne; cologne that I bought for Zac a few months ago.

"You really can't dance," Zac chuckled, an easy smile playing on his lips.

"Oh shut up," but a smile forced itself onto my lips. He shook his head at me and then began to lead us. It didn't feel weird dancing with Zac even though it should. On the edge of the dance floor, I saw Emma and Daisy still dancing together. Suddenly, Kean and Jeremy were dancing together besides us, and then the whole volleyball team were surrounding us. I danced with Jeremy, Kean, Blake, Kilorn, and some cheerleaders. I had never danced so much, I didn't even remember how many people I had danced with. When a slow song finally came on, Daisy was in my arms, but then she left abruptly and I was suddenly held by Zac.

"I can't believe we haven't drink at all tonight," I shouted into Zac's ear. He had to lean down slightly to hear me, his soft dark hair brushing against my cheek.

"I know right," he shouted back, his lips were so close, I felt every warm breath of his, "we are so going to get wasted in Kean's house later."

"I can't wait," I turned to look at him, and he was already looking at me. We were so close, I did not remember ever being this close to him. I could see my reflection in his pupils and they were dilating, covering almost the whole of his chocolate iris. They dropped to my lips. Subconsciously, I bit my lower lip and his eyes nearly turned completely black.

I didn't notice that the music had stopped and people were beginning to stare, and whisper.

"You guys coming later right?" A voice said out of the blue, we jumped apart like we had been shocked.

"Yeah we are, after we drop off our sisters." Zac replied calmly to Kean, who was the one that interrupted us. I tried not to scowl at him, but I felt sick relief at the same time.

"You think Emma will not go?" I raised both my eyebrows at Zac. When he turned those chocolate eyes on me again, I almost lost it.

He shrugged, "I think they said something about staying over at my house so hopefully no, I don't want to stay sober to drive them back."

"Okay great," and Kean left us alone again.

"Let's go find them so we can get drunk sooner," I said before silence could eat us. He agreed and we went off. Luckily, they were having a sleepover. After we drove them back home, Zac left his car and got into mine and we drove to Kean's house. We drank and talked and laughed until we were high on life and I couldn't remember what had almost happened.

"Zac! Kade! Join us we are playing truth or dare," Blake stumbled towards Zac, Kean, Jeremy and I.

"What are we? Ten?" I laughed.

"Oh come on it will be fun!" Blake plead.

"Okay we will join you," Jeremy said, and then we all stumbled after Blake. We sat in a loose circle of girls  and boys, all tipsy like us. The game began and it was hilarious; it shouldn't be this funny, but we all thought it was. Someone break danced badly, some girl was asked who she wanted to kiss the most in the circle and she kissed Zac, Kean lost his shirt, Blake passed out in the middle of the game.

"Okay Zac, I dare you to tell us your deepest darkest secret," Jeremy lowered his voice and tried to be serious, but the giggles interrupting him made him lost his effect.

Zac looked sober instantly, the haziness in his eyes were gone and a grim expression took over. His quietness made others focus on him even more, all waiting for his answer eagerly. I couldn't help but lean towards him too.

"I- zung ji nei," he looked at me as he spoke in his mother language.

"Aw come on that's not fair!" Kean whined, Zac shrugged and gave them his smirk.

"Kean truth or dare?" The tension had vanished and a relaxed expression was back on Zac's face. The game continued for a while but I couldn't focus at all. The words Zac spoke was stuck in my mind, I desperately wished I knew Chinese.

As usual, we stayed overnight since we were too drunk to drive. The next morning, I drove Zac home and once he went inside, I didn't leave. Instead I texted Daisy asking her to come out.

"Why do you want me to come out?" She was still in her pyjamas and her glasses were crooked on her nose.

"What does zong yi ne means?" I asked, the Chinese sounding wrong even to me but I hoped Daisy would understand.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "is that Cantonese or Mandarin?"

"I don't know, I guess Cantonese since that's your mother language," Zac had explained to me before that there were many types of Chinese, and he knew only two: Cantonese and mandarin.

"Yeah it's our mother language, hmn zong yi ne, zong yi ne, zung ji nei, oh," Daisy's eyes widen.

"What does it mean?" I asked hopefully, she shrugged.

"It sounds like a mix of Cantonese and mandarin I really don't know sorry Kade I wish I can help you." Daisy said.

"Oh, it's okay, thanks anyways," I tried not to sound too disappointed.

"Zac said that to you?" Daisy asked.

"Kind of, he said that is his deepest darkest secret, I guess he was just fooling around,"

"Maybe you should ask him," Daisy said casually.

"Oh no if it's his secret I don't want to pry,"

"And you asked me?" She raised her eyebrow. Good point, I didn't even know why I asked her, my mind was a horrible mess. I did not understand my emotions at all, I felt like I was suddenly forced to play as a libero even though I had never played that position in my whole life.

"I'll see," for some reasons, I did not dare ask him, "thanks for your help," I fist bumped her and drove away, not seeing the huge smile on her face.