Chapter Forty One

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure? I don't want you to regret it, Elora, it's permanent. Once I mark you, you're stuck with me forever."

I went in and kissed him again, already feeling addicted to the taste of him, "I'm sure."

He kissed me again, this time rougher, not holding anything back. But he kept moving, peppering delicate kisses all along my jawline, pausing and sucking lightly as he went. He slowly moved down my neck, he went harder, leaving more and more kisses. It felt like heaven. A soft moan echoed from the back of my throat and Maddox stopped for a moment. I felt something poking into my leg.

"Keep going, Maddox." I groaned, "I want you to mark me."

I could feel that he was still unsure, almost as if he felt like this was a dream. But he kept going until he reached the crook of my neck. As his lips met the sensitive skin, I shuddered, clenching onto his hair just a little tighter.

"This will hurt, but only for a moment," Maddox whispered, pressing the lightest of kisses on the area.

My eyes rolled back into my head, " Do it."

That was all Maddox needed. His canines came rushing out of his mouth, quickly tearing into my skin and biting down.

He was right, it did hurt.

I clenched my teeth, arching my back as pain courses through my body. It didn't last for long. Within a moment, the pain quickly turned to undeniable pleasure, the feeling itself being enough to keep me satisfied for the rest of my life.

I let out another groan, it was louder this time, I hadn't even realised I had done it until Maddox had given me a growl in return.

His canines slowly slid out, his tongue darting over the area, stopping the bleeding and easing the redness.

I felt my head drop, nuzzling I'm against Maddoxs neck, my hands relaxing.

"You've done that before," I murmured,

His body jerked, "I've never marked someone before dove, only you."

"Could have fooled me." I yawned, "But I meant the other thing."

He snorted, "Kissing? Have you never..."

I shook my head, moving my arms down to rest loosely around his waist.

Maddox smiled and ran his finger along my back in spiral patterns, "I'll do that whenever you want, okay?"

I nodded, "I love you,"

"I love you too," Maddox replied, his voice thick, "Just pull your head back? Marks heal quickly, so I need to check to make sure it's going okay."

I leant back, giving Maddox full view.  He gave a small smile as he ran his finger over it. I felt it again, the overwhelming pleasure that sent my toes curling, it was almost the same feeling as when he had marked me. I sighed.

"Am I going to feel like that every time?" I asked drowsily.

"For the rest of your life." Maddox answered solemnly, nodding his head.

I paused, "I can't mark you, can I?"

Maddox's eyebrows shot up into his hair, " Um, no, you can't. I mean  you could try, but I doubt your teeth could even break the skin, let alone go deep enough for a mark."

"Well that's unfair," I scowled, "You say I'll feel like that every time for the rest of my life! I don't even want to imagine how many times you'll use that to your advantage! And what can I do to you? Nothing."

Maddox laughed, throwing his head back, "Dove, I'm not sure it will be hard foe you to get me to feel that way, even without a mark."

My face went red. I needed to change the conversation.