Chapter Six

It was a gorgeous car, unlike one I had ever seen before.

Most humans didn't have cars, but you occasionally saw them driving down the street towards a factory, or when a human had been claimed and they weren't cooperating as easily as they should.

It was black, but it didn't fill me with disgust to look at, a shiny black, not one dent over the entire thing. A uniformed driver sat in the front driver's seat, I couldn't tell if they were human or wolf. I couldn't bring myself to check. I had been changed out of the pale green hospital ensemble I had been wearing, traded out for a long pair of soft pants and a loose t-shirt. When they first gave it to me I was slightly confused, I highly doubted that that's what a Luna Queen should be wearing. The more times Maddox told me of my title, the more real it felt. The scarier too.

"The Alpha King wants you to be comfortable, no formal meetings will be made today," They had told me. Not leaving the room to give me any privacy.

Turns out, having a maid to change my clothes and assist me with my looks was going to become a regular thing. She was human, however, that much was obvious. Her uniform was clean, and so was her appearance, as expected of a palace worker, but that was were the wolfish traits ended.

Maddox opened the car door for me, gesturing me inside. I didn't want to anger him, so I followed the command without a sound. The seats were cool to the touch, a black leather, the colour matching the exterior of the car. My comfort was short-lived, as the door to the other side opened and Maddox climbed in, taking his seat next to me. 

Then the car began to move.

It wasn't a long drive, it took us up the winding roads of the wolf's side of Gyabo. I could see the wolves as I had never seen them before. Some were in human form, casually walking the streets or treating to their front garden, but the others?

They were in wolf form.

Huge wolves, the biggest one that I had seen would have come up to my chest, easily. Varying colours, black, brown, grey. They had taught us that a wolf's colour was random, that it didn't mean anything. I saw little wolves, ones that would dance and yip around my feet if given the opportunity. Pups. I had seen the werewolves in wolf form before. But it was years ago, and that wolf had no access to their human side. None at all.

I could feel Maddox's eyes burning into the back of my head. I had been staring out the window for the whole time, pressing myself up against the car door. He wanted to say something, I could feel it. But I couldn't bring myself to look in his direction.

The hospital must have been closer to the castle than I had originally thought, as the towering castle soon came into view. A large wall, blocking it off due to security reasons. As we drove into the courtyard, all I could see was colour. Bright flower gardens and trees of every colour. It was overwhelming. They only people in their human form was the guards standing at certain points around the area. Everyone else was as a wolf, launching themselves at each other and sparring until neither could continue. Perhaps the blood that was leaking into the soil was the reason for the plant's bright colours.

The car kept driving through until we reached the front door. The car halted in front of it, and Maddox quickly jumped out. I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding. I thanked the driver before putting my hand on the door handle, I didn't even press down before the door was opened for me, standing there was Maddox, a large, bright smile on his face.

"You shouldn't have to open your own door, dove," He informed happily. "I'll always be here to open it for you."

Dove. That was new. It sent shivers down my spine, though I couldn't tell whether they were good or bad.