Chapter 30

~Maggie's POV

~Maggie's POV

There was completely silence in the building except Rosita and Abraham having sex. I stared at Skylar and saw her pale face emotionless, my hands were together and were placed against my face. "She's a Dixon... and as Daryl says 'a Dixon can only kill a Dixon.'" Glenn says and I sigh, "But no one injured her, a bus did." I say and I look at the picture that was lying on the floor, I picked it up and looked at the picture.

Daryl had his middle finger up, Merle held Skylar on his hip and Skylar had her hands in the air with Teddy coming out of her backpack. Merle, Daryl and Skylar were all smiling, they look like they were standing out by a lake. The picture made me smile and I looked closer at Skylar and saw the biggest smile on her face, I have't seen that smile since she saw Daryl again, and Merle. I never see that smile ever anymore. 

"Please, Mag..Get some sleep..." Glenn says and I nod, we both lie near Skylar. I turn my head to Sky and then back to Glenn "She's going to be okay..." Glenn whispers in my ear. I nod then rest my head back, I close my eyes and fell straight to sleep...

Lies. Everything. Washington, Cure and the Euguene being a scientist. We're heading back, but Skylar still hasn't woken up and it's getting me worried. Abraham knocked out Euguene after Euguene stood up to Abraham. I was sitting at the back with Skylar and Eugene and Glenn sat behind me in the front, "any sign of her being awake?" Glenn asks and I look over at Skylar, "...Nothing..." I say quietly. 

"She will wake up... Don't worry.." Abraham says and I sigh, "I hope so." I reply, all of a sudden a crash was heard and the truck jerked forward. We stop and I pick up Skylar, we get out and I walk towards Michonne. "What happened?" Michonne said curiously. "We got into a crash an-".

"Daryl....?"

I looked frown at Skylar and saw her eyes slowly open and her head slowly lifting, "Daryl..?" Skylar says and I lay her down onto the floor, "Where are we?" Skylar says looking around, "We're back at the Church.." I say and I look down at Skylar, her face was pained and sad. "Beth's alive." Michonne said and I looked up at her shocked and happy, "They've gone to get her" Michonne continued, "Where is she?" I say holding my hands to my face happily, "At Grady Hospital" Michonne replies and I smile widely, "Let's go there" Tara says and we all get into the fire truck.

I place Skylar in my arms and her eyes close as we travelled a few miles, then, suddenly, Skylar started to shake violently. "SKYLAR!" Glenn shouts and I start to cry as I can't do anything to stop her, "Something's wrong..." I say as Skylar's body falls limp, "Check her over, we're almost there." 

After minutes of checking there was something wrong, her injuries needed stitching and she needed recovery, that and she has lost a lot of blood. "We're here, I'll take her" Abraham says, she takes Skylar out of my arms and we walk across towards the hospital as we walked towards we saw everyone come out, but I slowly stopped as I saw Beth in Daryl's arms, I fall to the floor and let out a sob, Daryl walks towards me and places Beth on the floor. 

~Daryl's POV

I placed Beth on the floor as tears fell down my cheeks, I looked around to find Skylar but I stopped when I saw her in Abraham's arms, "...Sky?" I say as I walked up to Sky who was limp in his arms, I took her in my arms and sat on the floor, checking her over. "Sky?" I repeat as more tears ran down my cheeks, "W-What happened?" I say looking up and Tara knelled down, "We got in an accident, we got the metal out of her leg but she lost a lot of blood." Tara says and I look down at a pale Skylar.

I feel Skylar move, I looked down and saw Skylar slowly open her eyes. "Daryl?" She says weakly, "Sky..." I breath out and Skylar looks at me confused, "Why have you been crying?" she says as she slowly and tiredly lifts her arm and move the hair out of my eyes, "Beth...she's...she's-" I closed my eyes as I couldn't continue, "You did good Dare, you did whatever you could... As long as she didn't turn then she's happy..." She slowly breaths out, I look at her as more tears threatened to spill out.

"I love you Dare..." Sky says weakly,

"I love you Sky..." I reply.

"Before-" she shifts uncomfortably "I pass out again, I wanted to say that you were right. I shouldn't ignore others especially now that there isn't others in this world.." She says and I kiss her forehead, "You're more like my Dad, Dare... Not like Daddy... You cared for me more than anyone in this world." she says, "You're going to be fine Sis, you're here with me. You're not going anywhere and I'll make sure of it..."

"I..I-I love you Daryl..." she trails off as her eyes close, I quickly press my fingers against her neck and held my breath... Is she...?

Thump

....Thump....