Chapter Seven

I see Hershel walk passed the barn and I run up to him from behind the barn, "Hershel?" I call out, he looks at me

I see Hershel walk passed the barn and I run up to him from behind the barn, "Hershel?" I call out, he looks at me. "Can I come with you?" I ask quietly, He nods and holds my hand, we walk quite a way until we're at a bar. Hershel pulls out a drink and drinks it, I sit on the high stall. "What happened to your cheek?" he asks, "Got slapped." I reply,  looking down at my hands, "By who sweetie?" Hershel asks, I sigh. 

"Carol... I kept asking her what was wrong and she got upset".

Hershel sighs, "Stay strong young one." he replies softly, I nod. "Where's your Teddy?" Hershel asks softly, I look around. "Oh... I forgot him at the RV..." I quietly respond, I wipe a tear away. "Don't worry you'll get him back." Hershel says, he takes another sip. I rest my head on my arms and felt sleep take my body.

"Skylar?" a voice wakes me up, I lift my head up and see Rick. "What are you doing? And why's your cheek red?" Rick questions, I sit back and look at my hands in my lap -I hear a car. "Shit, Skylar stay quiet" Glenn whispers, Glenn sits me on the bar itself and we see two men walk in. "Ahhh... Hello", one man said, "Some lads out for a drink!" another said, Rick held a gun to them.

"Woah, don't worry...We just came for a drink."the skinny man says roughly, he sits down and another stands. "Sit down then." skinny man said. "You have little girl as well... Well, I haven't seen one in a while." he says while smirking. "Who are you?" Rick asks, "never mind that, we're just two guys. Aren't you guys the ones staying at the farm?" he asks, everyone tenses. 

"We need a place to stay, is it alright if we come with you?" he asks making Rick on edge, "No. You're not.. There isn't enough room." Rick sternly replies."Fine, We can get to know each other" the skinny man says vaguely, "That's not going to happen" Rick says sternly. "This is bullshit" One man calls out, 

"Calm down" Ricks mutters, "Calm down? Don't you ever tell me to calm down." the fat guy said. "I'll shoot you in the head and take the damn thing" the fat guy continues then Rick stands up, "Woah, Woah, woah, woah...Relax" the skinny man says. "Take it easy, nobody's killing anyone." he continues, tension filling the room more and more like a flooding ship.

"Nobody's shooting no one right, Rick?" he continues before climbing over the bar and landing straight, he then places the gun on the table. "Friends just having a drink-that's all. Now, where's the good stuff huh?" he says jokingly, he rummages around and Rick clutches his gun that remained in his gun holster, the guy pops up with a drink in his hand.

"You got to understand, we can't stay out there... you know what it's like." he says, failing to persuade Rick. "Yeah..Yeah I do." Rick replies unpersuaded, "But the farm is too crowded, you'll have to keep looking.", he finishes.

"Keep looking?  How do you suggest we do that?" he questions. "I don't know, I hear Nebraska is nice." Rick suggests and the guy chuckles. "Nebraska...This guy.."he replies before he tries for the gun but Rick shoots him and then fires at the fat guy. It was silent. "Why did you hurt them? Were they monsters?" I silently said, "Yes, they were" Rick replies quietly, "Let's go." Glenn whispers, Glenn holds me and we walk to the door but we hear voices and stand by the door. 

"Where are they?", a voice calls out, "Hey guys! Where are you!?" another manly voice calls out to the open,  the door was about to open but Glenn sits in the way, "Hey? Is someone in there?"a voice calls out, it's silent before Rick speaks out. "Yes" Rick says, "Are my friends in there!? Are they okay?!" Another voice questions, "Yes, but they're dead... They shot at us first!" Rick announces, it was quiet until shots were heard. 

"Skylar hide in the bathroom" Rick orders, I nod then run to the bathroom. I lock the door before sit on the closed toilet, I cover my ears and shut my eyes...

It's all going to be okay.... 

When I get back me and Daryl can have a tea party with Mr Teddy.

I remove my ears and open my eyes, I unlock the door and walk out. Where did they go?  I walk into the basement and see the door open, I run out and see Monsters heading my way. I run out onto the street and see Glenn, I run to Glenn and hide behind him.

"Guys more are coming!", Glenn says. 

"Let's go!", Glenn lifted me up and put me in the car, and leaned my head onto the door and closed my eyes...

Slam

Flinching, I awake and see that we were at home. Opening the door, I climbed out "What are we meant to do with him!" Shane yells. "Daryl?" I call out, looking around. "Skylar!" Daryl cries out, running to me and we both hugged each other. "Don't ever run off like that!" he says squeezing me tight. "Hey what happened to your face?" he says pulling back.

"Erm..." I stutter, looking at Carol. She walks towards me. "I'm so sorry sweetie." she apologises, Daryl's eyes widened in shock. "Carol! You slapped my sister!" he yells, Daryl picks me up and places me on his hip. "I'm so sorry, she kept asking me what's wrong and I didn't want to talk and I accidentally hit her!" Carol cries out, Daryl shook his head and we walked to the tent. 

He laid me down, "You forgot someone..." Daryl softly says, he held out Teddy in his hands, "Teddy..." I say tiredly. I thank him making him smile and then kiss my forehead, "You get some sleep now..." he whispers. Nodding, I turned over and let my eyes rest. "and Skylar..?" Daryl calls softly, I made a 'hmmp", noise. "You scared the crap out of me when I heard you went missing... " he says with a sigh, "I love you brother" I say.

"Ditto..."